PayPal Integration With Zen Cart
Zen Cart® and PayPal together give you a complete e-commerce and all-in-one payment solution using PayPal's Express Checkout
- Accept not only credit card payments but also allow PayPal members to pay from their PayPal account.
- No registration required on your Zen Cart® site when using PayPal Express Checkout.
- Get PayPal's industry-leading security fraud-prevention systems.
- Take advantage of comprehensive PayPal's online reports that help you measure sales and manage your business easily.
Here's how to put Zen Cart® and Express Checkout to work for your business.
- Step 1: Download and install the latest version of Zen Cart®
- Step 2: Set Up a Verified PayPal Business Account
- Customers who don't have an existing PayPal account:
- Go to
- Click Sign Up Today.
- Set up an account for Business Owners.
- Follow the instructions on the PayPal site.
- Customers who already have a Personal or Premier account:
- Go to
- Click the Upgrade your Account link.
- Click the Upgrade Now button.
- Choose to upgrade to a Business account and follow instructions to complete the upgrade.
- If you haven't already, add a bank account to become a Verified member. Follow the instructions on the PayPal site. (This process may take 2-3 business days.)
- Step 3: Setup API Access
For a quick shortcut to your API credentials, click here
Or use the longer process described below:
- Log in to your PayPal Business account.
- Click the Profile subtab located in the top navigation area
- If you have a "My Selling Tools" tab on the left navigation area, click it and go to the next step. Otherwise you'll see two or three columns of choices. You'll want to click on the "API Access" option in the first column, and skip the next step.
- Beside the "API Access" option, click the "Update" link/button
- Under the Setting up PayPal API Credentials and Permissions heading, under OPTION 2 click the "Request API Credentials" link (If it already says "View API Signature", click that and skip the next step)
- Click the “Request API signature” radiobutton then click “Agree & Submit” button (after agreeing to the terms).
- Write down the values listed next to API Username and Password
- Select the value listed next to Signature Hash, copy it, and save it to a file or some other location. This is your API Signature.
- Use the values from #7 and #8 to configure the API SIGNATURE settings in the PayPal Express Checkout module in your Zen Cart® admin area.
Add your own merchant account and accept credit cards without sending your customers off-site
Get the features of an internet merchant account and payment gateway with Website Payments Pro. Control your checkout from start to finish by integrating PayPal Website Payments Pro with your Zen Cart™ shopping cart.
- Apply for Website Payments Pro
- Go to
- Login to your PayPal Business Account
- Click the Merchant Services tab.
- Click Website Payments Pro in left column.
- Click Sign Up
- Fill in your information, and submit your application. Approval takes between 24 and 48 hours.
- Once approved, accept the Pro billing agreement. Check the Getting Started section on the upper left of your account overview page.
- In your Zen Cart® admin, enable the Website Payments Pro module and choose the appropriate settings for your account.