How do I set up the USPS shipping module?
In order to use the USPS module, you need to have a USPS WebTools account, signed up to use their Rate Calculator API.
- If you have an account with USPS for using shipping assistance this is not the same as the WebTools user ID needed for the shopping cart.
- You must have a separate WebTools user ID for each web store.
- Here is the link for registering. https://secure.shippingapis.com/registration/
- You will soon (24-48 government hours) receive e-mail from USPS with your user ID and some generic instructions.
- In your Zen Cart admin area, make sure you have a zip code entered at: Admin|Configuration|Shipping/Packaging|Postal Code
- In your Zen Cart admin area, go to Admin|Modules|Shipping, and click on the USPS shipping module, click Install, and fill out the various configuration information fields.
- Call USPS 1-800-344-7779 (7:00AM to 11:00PM ET) and ask them to take account out of Test...ie: Put into production mode.
- (If your module doesn't generate quotes properly after this, call USPS back and make sure they have enabled the RateCalculator on your account profile.)