Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc)
This is the order total module for using plastic gift cards.
* How this module works:
1. A text box group is displayed on the checkout page just below the coupon group. The customer enters their card
number AND selects an alternative payment method to cover overages.
2. After submitting, the card is verified against the stored account profile for validity and available funds.
3. The confirmation page is displayed showing applied amounts (all available gift card funds are applied first).
4. IF the order balance is zero, the order is processed and the account is debited. IF the order total has an
overage, then the backup funding is charged first for the overage AND if successful, debits the gift card - otherwise
nothing is debited. The only exception is the when a customer uses check/money order as a backup source. Then
the gift card is charged first. Note that if a customer fails to send the check/money order, you will still be
responsible for fulfilling the portion of the order their gift card covered (prepaid money), and/or credit their account.
There are dozens of features in both the order_total module component and Gift Card Manager tool.
* What this module does:
1. Processes the use of plastic (physical) gift cards issued by a store (no eCards)
2. Allows for numeric or alphanumeric (+ hyphens/spaces) card numbers
3. Allows for any length of card number (must be unique)
4. Allows for masking of numbers on checkout pages and invoices
5. Allows for displaying any number of digits (not just 4) in masks
6. Allows for the use of tax zones
7. Maintains card account balances by card number (not customer) - they are gifts after all
8. Allows for admin activation/deactivation of card numbers to prevent theft
9. Cancels transaction if secondary payment source fails for balances over card value
10. Allows for any denomination (face value) of cards (per card)
11. Allows using only one gift card per transaction by customer
12. Allows any other payment provider to process order balances exceeding card balance
13. Note: you can prevent the use of purchasing other giftcards through product restrictions. Store Gift Cards ARE physical products.
14. Detailed logging of card activities and admin edits
15. Will not delete transaction data if module removed/reinstalled
Note: If a customer order is cancelled or deleted after processed, card account may need to be manually credited by admin.
* What this module does not do:
1. Use CVS codes
2. Send card info to a remote payment server (PayPal, etc.)
3. Inform card holders of gift card remaining balances after a sale (will notify if not enough funds available during transaction only)
4. Allow assignment of card to a particular customer (defeats purpose of "gift") - although you may use initial order # to track purchaser
5. Issue numbers by email (use zen-cart's built in vouchers/certificates for eCards)
6. Allow customer to verify balances by card number for security reasons (keygen testing) - have them call you with order #, card #, etc
7. Interfere with other discounts, coupons, eCards, etc.
8. Allow for recharging online for security reasons (validity test). An admin can reset balances manually, however.
9. Allow for expiration dates (not legal - prepaid funds)
|Zen Cart® Versions||v1.3.9, v1.5.0, v1.5.1|
|Last Updated by||DrByte - 16 Mar 2013|
|Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - Version: 1.5|
Updated to work with ZC v1.5.x by adding admin menu registration components
Fixed db-prefix problem (prior version of the module didn't have any provision for table prefixes at all)
Fixed numerous security problems with the module
No changes in features or basic functionality.
|Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - Version: 1.2a|
|This update does not update any of the code. The GNU license was added per submission requirements only. Send bugs/comments to nzinni########################## or see the monitored support thread at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=99150.|
|Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - Version: v1.2|
NOTE: This is a minor update and is not necessary for users who experience no problems with this module. This update is intended for new users using older versions of PHP who recieve the error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in .../includes/modules/order_total/ot_giftcard.php on line 62
1. This update repaires a compatibility issue with older versions of PHP.
2. Added MoreReadMe.txt to address questions/comments from users.
|Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - Version: 1.1|
This update repairs an installation bug and adds a changelog.txt detailing the file structure.
If you have already installed v1.0, just overwrite the old files with the updated files to fix errors. Then return to Admin-_Modules-_Order Total, select the module, click the uninstall button (if not done already), and then install button once again to reset the database.
For new installs, just follow the directions within the readme.txt file.
Send bugs, comments, etc. to nzinni##########################.
|Your Store Gift Cards (plastic, etc) - Version: 1.0|