Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Title & Meta Tags

It is NOT:
    includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php

This file location is a blank template
    It does not begin as "blank" unless you edited this - it doe start out by default with "Zen Cart!" and "The Art of eCommerce" which is what I thought I saw on your site earlier....but now it is displaying "Conway's Vintage Treasures" and "Vintage Autographs, Movie Posters and Historical Treasures"

So did you find this?? as you are using the "classic" template - it may be in -

includes/languages/english/classic/meta_tags.php
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kevin,

Im not sure, that we are understanding you correctly, when you set up Zen Cart for the first time.. the info below is was determines what your title and tag line says..

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    includes/languages/english/meta_tags.php
    define('TITLE', 'Zen Cart!');
    define('SITE_TAGLINE', 'The Art of E-commerce');

in other words this is what your browser title says when anyone goes to your site.

If you want to change these details go to the location (includes/languages/english/) pull out meta_tags.php and find the correspoding lines and edit them, to be on the safe side it is alway recommended you save the file in your

includes/languages/YOUR_TEMPLATE/english folder to save guard your site just in case, although in this instance you are normally pretty safe anyways. just good practise

I hope this helps a little.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Meta Tags for the Products and Categories are reached via the black biohazard in the listing ...

NOTE: it turns orange when properly setup ...
    I'm also on this tpoic and am at a loss by what you mena by black biohazard? Having trouble finding where to set individual product meta data or is it not possible? THanks!

best - m

Plugin Contributions

Hello, Geesler ...
    They're talking about your admin category and product list screens. At the far right there's several icons on each line that let you perform actions for the category/product (edit, delete, move, copy, etc.). The icon furthest right is a biohazard icon, and clicking that brings up a page that lets you add/change metatags info.

Plugin Contributions

geesler,

in the admin > catalog > categories/products > select a category > then select a product > at the right are several icons but inly one is a black circle with the bio hazard symbol in side of it. > click it and add product specific meta info
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I knew when I picked that biohazard image it would be hazardous to my health ... er ... explanations about meta tags ...

Black biohazard was just a way to indicate Products or Categories without custom meta tags ... and the Orange biohazard was to indicate a definition existed ... to help avoid confusion with Move or anything else ... worked well, eh?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so I went in and changed the meta tag title to Mommy and Baby Essentials earlier today (I changed it in both spots)....now I looked and it says Meta_Tag_Title I went back and looked and it still says Mommy and Baby Essentials What happened?? Where do I go to change it back??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    I knew when I picked that biohazard image it would be hazardous to my health ... er ... explanations about meta tags ...

Black biohazard was just a way to indicate Products or Categories without custom meta tags ... and the Orange biohazard was to indicate a definition existed ... to help avoid confusion with Move or anything else ... worked well, eh?
    Nice! thanks so much

Plugin Contributions

BUMP an old thread...I'm having the same problem. I've changed the proper meta-tag, but I still just get my address.

http://www.raptorman.ca/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by efman View Post
    BUMP an old thread...I'm having the same problem. I've changed the proper meta-tag, but I still just get my address.

http://www.raptorman.ca/
    Get rid of the FRAME you're using, and things should work better ...
    You've got some sort of URL masking going on, which is confusing everything ... and will also cause huge PayPal problems.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast