Plugin Contributions

Default The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP head

Hello,

I have installed zencart on my local machine running windows xp and IIS, php 42. Installation worked fine, and sample shop works well also including demo data. However, when i try to loggon into the admin area i receive the following error message, displayed in the browser window.

"The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:"

-- and the rest an empty page, and I cant log into the admin area.

Prior to the error, i also receive a windows dialog box (press ok cancel), which shows that a memory access error had occurred.

any suggestions how to overcome this problem would be much appreciated,

thank you,

Daniel

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP

A few thoughts from googling:
    - http://www.gidforums.com/t-1513.html
    - what does your cgi errorlog say?
    - Perhaps there's a caching or file-permissions issue? "The solution is simple: just create the "\Temp" folder in your root directory and share access to all (guest) users. Now the IIS and Perl can swap temp files there and everything works fine!"

If you're really energetic, go to a command prompt on your server, and type:
    Code:
    php-cgi -f \inetpub\wwwroot\mysite\admin\index.php > \output_catch.txt
    - substitute php-cgi with the correct name/path of your PHP executable
    - substitute the actual path of your zen cart files

Read the resulting output_catch.txt file to see what errors are really reported, if any. IIS will often block the actual errors, thus it's tough to find out what's really wrong without doing it this way.

You could also try adding -s and -w before the -f parameter in the command line above, for different output.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP

Hello Dr. Byte,

Thank you for your response. In the meantime i decided to try PhP 5.0, after reading that Zencart appears to work with it also. After installing it the cgi error didnt recurr. I am getting however many warning messages when running zencart in the zend IDE ... i think because php5.x may be stricter in terms of some syntax issues

thanks,

Daniel

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Many warnings have been addressed, but there are many others still present. They are being cleaned up over time, based on severity level ;)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.