Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Allowing checkout with product out of stock

Hi,
    I have reviewed all the options in Configuration --> Stock
    Mark product out of stock = blank
    Allow checkout = true
    Product status when out of stock = 1 (on)
    Show sold out image = 0

I need to know if Zen Cart will allow me to add to cart and complete operation with an "out of stock" product, which we can order.
    In other words, instead of the "sold out" image I need to show "on back order" and complete the operation.
    Of course, we wouldn't charge the credit card before shipping the order.
    Please help, this is critical for our site.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Allowing checkout with product out of stock

This is what the Configuration ... Stock ... setting is for:
    Allow Checkout
    Allow customer to checkout even if there is insufficient stock

true
    false
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks indeed for reply on a Sunday.
    I was wondering what was happening with your ultra-fast tech support but then I read about your Mom's health.
    Hope all is well, sincerely.
    Understood your response but what about allowing customers to check out even with 0 stock, by placing their order "on back order" status.
    We custom order products all the time because we cannot afford to stock a variety of over 7,000 items.
    I know that does not exist in Zen Cart at present, but it is a feature I absolutely need to have.
    Please help me out, and don't mention donations, if I can go live and make $$, you will be the first to get contribs on a regular basis.
    Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

There isn't anything customize built in to manage stock beyond tracking and not tracking and setting to Sold Out or allowing checkout ...

You can indicate in the code that it is backordered with:
    Mark product out of stock

and setting that to *** or text or something that says this is not in stock ...

Beyond that, you would need custom code ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks again for swift reply.
    I will try by all means to solve within the given functionality, please point me to the files that govern that process.
    I will study them, try to understand them and attempt to modify if necessary.
    If I run into trouble that I cannot manage with my very limited knowledge, I will contact you by this means.
    Best regards.

Plugin Contributions

To change the functionality of the checkout processes involves a magnitude of files to manage stock, manipulate what can or cannot be used for checkout etc.

If you cannot use what is built into Zen Cart and need to customize this, you would need to follow all of the files for the shopping_cart and then the checkout ...

This would require a lot more information than a simple post to explain how to change the functionality of Zen Cart and adapt it to something new ...

Perhaps someone with a lot of time on their hands will pick up on this and help walk you through all of the changes required beyond the already built in features for Allow checkout when products_quantity is <= 0 ... if you cannot use it as it is currently designed ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Like Boddhisattva said: The Truth is in the middle.
    I have already succesfully installed the Stock by Attributes mod in the Admin, which solves half of my problem.
    For the other half, I will attempt to use the present functionality and if there is really something that I cannot solve will post here.
    Until I can pinpoint what exactly needs to be done, if anything, I don't want to abuse anybody's time.
    I'm so glad that you are back to your usual speed of response, thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

Excuse me for chiming in here but I figured out a way to solve this problem by making 10 the new 0 in my quantities in stock which made the SOLD OUT BUTTON IN RED SIGN go away whenever a customer orders something that has a low stock.

So in effect you are tricking the cart into believing you have 10 items in stock when you have none which allows the customer to order an item that has to be ordered. If I have 2 of the item in stock my code is 12.

Not too fancy but it works as long as you remember.

Beth-Katherine
    hope this helps

Plugin Contributions

You don't need to apologize for writing in a public thread, they don't "belong" to anybody in particular.
    Regarding your solution, glad it works for you, but if you grow your business your database will need to be accurate.

Plugin Contributions

Was just curious if you ever found out a "solution" or work around for this? I am trying to do the same thing and looks not to be possible. If nothing else I would like to figure out how ot add the backorder/preorder status added to the order confirmations like it shows when added to the cart and going thru checkout

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast