Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: usps shipping does not work today Dec 8

Mine isn't working (as of 10:15 PM Eastern Time)... and hasn't most of the afternoon.....

I am assuming that I will just watch this thread to see if there is a fix that needs to be done....

I didn't have a store last year so this is all new to me.... hopefully (crossing my fingers and saying a prayer) this is a problem on THEIR end that THEY will fix?!??!!

Lori

Let's hope, Lori. They gave us a similar lovely present last year around this time, too... you'd think they would learn not to screw with it at the busiest time of year.

Every couple of hours I go onto my site, put something in my cart, and click the shipping estimator. I have this nutty idea that *when* (not if) USPS gets it together, the correct estimates from them will show up and I'll disable the flat rate option.
    Melissa
    Amethyst Cottage, Inc.
    A bit of magic in a mundane world

I am having the issue also. I was wondering why three customer left their shopping carts and now I know why.

I have also enabled a Flat Rate shipping option for around what the First Class option would have been.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

Jason

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerfilms View Post
    Endicia is getting quotes as well as actually printing postage. This is why I am wondering if the USPS code in zencart is pointing to an old server url.
    while Endicia is getting quotes and actually shipping, if you go into your logs, and try to check status on previous shipments, it locks up and eventually returns an error :)

So USPS is definitely the problem....I imagine that Endicia has a "version" of the USPS postage calculation built into their own server, and so you are getting results from their direct server.

Hopefully this will all be resolved today sometime...as I can't afford to do table rate shipping for too long....and i have some small weight items, with low ticket prices, that would kill my sale if I charged a flat rate priority shipping on them.

Plugin Contributions

The problem appears to be fixed as of 1:05 am tuesday morning......Robb

Plugin Contributions

Yup, seems to be working for me as well (as of 6:00am EST)...hopefully it stays this way.

Plugin Contributions

interesting...

now my sites are getting proper quotes from shippingapis.com...which hey - i have to be thankful for that...

but click n ship on usps.com doesn't work this morning (8 am CST). it tells my return address is invalid over and over again...and i could SWEAR my return address is my post office box...

Plugin Contributions

click n ship on usps.com is not working for me either. every address I put in, it tells me is invalid then it randomly tells me the return address zip code is invalid. I called and they said they still have known problems they are trying to resolve.

If you have a PayPal account, you can ship from there - and it's cheaper because Click 'n Ship doesn't do First Class.

Log into your PayPal account. Click on "PayPal Multi Order Shipping" on the left-hand side. A popup will appear, let it load, then choose new orders. You can make as many as you want and print them all at once, just make sure you don't have duplex/double sided printing enabled.

This is how I do all my USPS shipping.
    Melissa
    Amethyst Cottage, Inc.
    A bit of magic in a mundane world

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mxmerch View Post
    interesting...

now my sites are getting proper quotes from shippingapis.com...which hey - i have to be thankful for that...

but click n ship on usps.com doesn't work this morning (8 am CST). it tells my return address is invalid over and over again...and i could SWEAR my return address is my post office box...
    i stand corrected...now i'm not getting quotes...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast