Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How to Create an additional Custom Email?

Hi,

Our company uses Paypal for processing all of our orders online. We have 2 company names under one Paypal account e.g Company A and B under Paypal account Company A.

Whenever a customer buys from Company B, they get charged on their credit card under Company A and we are getting problems of disputes from customers who think they are getting unauthorized charges.

Anyway, we were thinking of creating a custom email that comes after order confirmation that says their credit card was charged under the name "Company A" so that they know beforehand what to expect on their credit card charged.

Rather than adding the information as a comment (which we have done but have not successfully helped in reducing disputes), we want a separate email sent out.

How do we go about doing this? Does this entail extensive code modification?

Any help towards the first step would be greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to Create Custom Email?

The existing order-confirmation emails are sent via send_order_emails() inside the /includes/classes/order.php class.
    You could add your own code to send yet another email after the existing ones are sent, perhaps using the simple low-stock email code near the beginning of that section as an example.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte. I have looked at order.php codes and have tracked the low stock email to about line 900:

if ($this->email_low_stock != '' and SEND_LOWSTOCK_EMAIL=='1') {
    // send an email
    $email_low_stock = SEND_EXTRA_LOW_STOCK_EMAIL_TITLE . "\n\n" . $this->email_low_stock;
    zen_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_LOW_STOCK_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT_LOWSTOCK, $email_low_stock, STORE_OWNER, EMAIL_FROM, array('EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML' => nl2br($email_low_stock)),'low_stock');
    }

Is this what I would be replicating? and I suppose there has to be a corresponding html template for the new email? e.g email_template_lowstock.html

Are these just the two files I will be messing with? or are there more that should be created?

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    The existing order-confirmation emails are sent via send_order_emails() inside the /includes/classes/order.php class.
    You could add your own code to send yet another email after the existing ones are sent, perhaps using the simple low-stock email code near the beginning of that section as an example.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, that's the example to follow.

Basically I'd do this:
    Code:
      zen_mail($this->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $this->customer['lastname'], $this->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_SUBJECT_CC_MSG, EMAIL_TEXT_CC_MSG, STORE_OWNER, EMAIL_FROM, array('EMAIL_MESSAGE_HTML' => nl2br(EMAIL_TEXT_CC_MSG)),'ccnotice');
    and then in a new language file (ie: /includes/languages/english/extra_definitions/my_cc_msg_text.php ) define the text you want in the emails:
    Code:
    <?php
    define('EMAIL_SUBJECT_CC_MSG', 'An important note about your recent purchase.');
    define('EMAIL_TEXT_CC_MSG', 'Thank you for your recent purchase at ' . STORE_NAME . '.' . "\n\n" . 'We are sending you this message to advise you that your purchase will show up on your credit card statement as "ABCDEFG COMPANY" (our sister company) instead of "' . STORE_NAME . '".  Please make note of this when reviewing your credit card bill. Thank you for your understanding, and we apologize for any confusion this may cause.' . "\n\n" . 'We look forward to you visiting our online store again.');
    Or use the attached files to make it simpler:
    Attached Files Attached Files

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to Create an additional Custom Email?

Dr. Byte thank you! This works out great! I have another question though, how to do I make it so that we are also copied on the notice?

Thanks again in advance!!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Decostyle View Post
    Dr. Byte thank you! This works out great! I have another question though, how to do I make it so that we are also copied on the notice?

Thanks again in advance!!
    Are you sure you really want a bunch of duplicates of those emails? They'll all be identical.

I suppose you might use it as an audit trail, but I can't see that winning a chargeback case alone. I suppose it might be one of many resources that could win it.
    If you really want a copy, run the zen_mail call again (copy it onto the next line), but change the first 2 parameters to STORE_OWNER and STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS respectively, so that it sends to you instead.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, I was looking at the email as sort of CC where I can see and make sure that the email was sent to the customer and have it on record. I believe using the code you suggested won't show the customer name that it was originally sent to?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Decostyle View Post
    I believe using the code you suggested won't show the customer name that it was originally sent to?
    True enough.

You could alter it to include the customer's name and email address inside the actual body of the email.

There's no built-in support for cc/bcc in emails in v1.3.8a or earlier.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Or ... you could change the core code to add bcc support specifically for this email message, similar to how I suggested it to someone here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...26&postcount=2

You'd have to make a few alterations to that suggested code, like this:
    Code:
          $mail->Subject  = $email_subject;

if ($module == 'ccnotice') {
            $mail->AddBCC(STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_NAME);
          }

$mail->From     = $from_email_address;

Plugin Contributions

Hello Dr. Byte,

I have read through your other post and have this on my functions_email.php:

if (IS_ADMIN_FLAG === true && $module == 'ccnotice') {
    $mail->AddBCC(STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, STORE_NAME);
    }

Tried it and customer gets the cc notice but the store owner email address does not get the bcc. Is it because the 'ccnotice' is not a module?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast