Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default QuickBooks Endicia Zencart

Hi Everyone,

I just want to say thank you to the whole zencart community. I really love the way they have customized the ecommerce shopping cart solution. Naturally, there are certain things that I think all of us wish to have. I have reviewed the forums here recently and I have contracted a programmer to create a quickbook / usps shipping solution that will tie directly into zencart.

The work has already begun I had to pay a lot for this. I want to give this contribution to the community once it is complete. Honestly, I am paying quite a bit for this work to be completed for us. So if anyone would like to contribute to the funds ... I had to pull all the funds currently out of my own pocket I would be willing to add them to a beta tester group to get feedback so we can make this as nice as possible for the community.

The project is scheduled to be completed within 60 days. If you are interested please feel free to contact me on this at mabarkdoll AT gmail DOT com

The project consists of a contribution to zencart and an external program that will allow users to connect to their store and print shipping labels through USPS through endicia.com's services the $15.95 a month plan will handle this. Also it will allow you to import your sales into quickbooks.

I like the idea of all the contibutions we want just existing but, these features require a lot of work thus why I had to contract a programmer company to handle all the aspects. I simply am trying to provide this as kindly and openly as possible due the expenses I have pilled up due to lack of a contribution exisiting.

Happy Zenning.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: QuickBooks Endicia Zencart

Since you say that you have browsed the forums I am guessing you already know that Adam is porting this from OSC. He says it is just around the corner, however, sometimes those corners can be pretty big, obstacles can get in the way, etc.

I'm guessing it was too important to you to be able to wait, but since you are dropping so much change on this I figured I'd mention it. Just in case you had missed it

Off to try and finish that upgrade
    Audra

Plugin Contributions

Yes, I see that adam is trying to port the mod from oscommerce. It has been months on end waiting though...

Also, it is important for me to note the added functionality of the quick shipping this module will also provide.

I don't know about everyone else but, I spend a lot of time just shipping items in zencart... the order processing system really needs an overhaul for western USPS users.

It would be a nightmare for me to take all the packages with shipping labels and pay for them and write them all on packages I have. Simply too much work. This contribution will make it so you open a desktop program the orders that have been received will be downloaded. You can create the shipping label. The tracking information is then updated to the sales order and notifies the customer. All in a few clicks no cut and paste into some other program etc...

The quickbooks and endicia programming should already be complete. We are just working at making it useable to the zencart community.

Hope this clarifies that we are serious about this and it is going to be a value to the community along with adam's contribution if he does or does not finish it. We definately are completely ours in 60 days though.

Plugin Contributions

Does your solution takes into account integration of FedEx and UPS shipping? I would think at a minimum any shipping solution should support USPS, UPS and FedEx because there are situations where one may be better than the other. I also know there are a few of our DropShippers that only use UPS/FedEx for better customer tracking.

Plugin Contributions

FedEx and UPS have not been completely over looked. The majority of smaller parcels ship USPS because of their competitive small package prices they can offer due to delivering to every house 6/7 days of the week.

The program is modular based and is capable of added additional UPS and FedEx modules in the future. First we want to get the a majority of users covered with USPS then we will move into UPS then hopefully FedEx. We use UPS ourselves and have daily pickup so we understand it's importance.

Plugin Contributions

Despite delays, QBI for ZenCart is almost complete and will will be released as soon as I have time to do further testing. There is no question that it will be finished, as I have already spent almost 450 hours on QBI, including 150 hours on the new version. Integrated Quickbooks shipping can easily be done with the UPS and FedEx shipping already built into Quickbooks, or by purchasing ShipRush.

Thanks,
    Adam

Plugin Contributions

There is no question Adam has put what sounds like a lot of work into his project of QBI. This plugin will also be complete and handle USPS shipping so it appears that people will have all shipping options available to them with each contribution. There is plans of course for ours to support USPS, UPS and FedEx.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by adam5532
    Despite delays, QBI for ZenCart is almost complete and will will be released as soon as I have time to do further testing. There is no question that it will be finished, as I have already spent almost 450 hours on QBI, including 150 hours on the new version. Integrated Quickbooks shipping can easily be done with the UPS and FedEx shipping already built into Quickbooks, or by purchasing ShipRush.

Thanks,
    Adam
    Not to mention there is not additional fees incured (except the cost of quickbooks software) with this addon.

Plugin Contributions

Correct neither software should have any fees except for the cost of quickbooks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mabarkdoll

The project consists of a contribution to zencart and an external program that will allow users to connect to their store and print shipping labels through USPS through endicia.com's services the $15.95 a month plan will handle this. Also it will allow you to import your sales into quickbooks.
    Actually mabarkdoll, that my comment wasn't worded very well, the comment was direct at adams contribution.

With the one your having made you described that one would have to pay at least 15.95 a month to endicia.com correct?

unless I am reading it wrong.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast