Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Selling Paper Gift certificates

I've created a paper Gift Cert. product, on which I would like to charge shipping. I've created it as a Product-General with a weight of .5. But at checkout, there are no shipping options on Step 1, and if you click to move to step 2, you get redirected back to Step 1...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Selling Paper Gift certificates

I would probably just treat them as regular products then ... by changing the "Model" number to not start with "GIFT".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte
    I would probably just treat them as regular products then ... by changing the "Model" number to not start with "GIFT".
    That does the job perfectly, I can just generate a redemption code in the admin and use the redemption code to print the certificate.

I can also use attributes for to, from, message, which will be nice (thinking out loud here).

Now my new issue is thta I could use a different shipping pricing structure for this item, since the same shipping rules used for the other items comes up very high...and free shipping shouldn't be the only option, in case customers need the certificate to be rushed via Fedex...

Plugin Contributions

One way to do this would be to change the product type to something new, using the products-books addin. You can then have your shipping module custom coded to check if the gift cert is the only type of product of in the cart, and if it is, then offer standard posting as a shipping method.

Absolute

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jplanet
    That does the job perfectly, I can just generate a redemption code in the admin and use the redemption code to print the certificate.

I can also use attributes for to, from, message, which will be nice (thinking out loud here).

Now my new issue is thta I could use a different shipping pricing structure for this item, since the same shipping rules used for the other items comes up very high...and free shipping shouldn't be the only option, in case customers need the certificate to be rushed via Fedex...
    Another thing I thought of is maybe you can add a new attribute name for "CERTIFICATE TYPE" and have options for Online or Mailed. Then assign this attribute to your gift certificate and assign a small postage/shipping value to the Mailed option. This way you could keep the same built in gift cert features combined with your tracking for the printed ones.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jacdesigner
    Another thing I thought of is maybe you can add a new attribute name for "CERTIFICATE TYPE" and have options for Online or Mailed. Then assign this attribute to your gift certificate and assign a small postage/shipping value to the Mailed option. This way you could keep the same built in gift cert features combined with your tracking for the printed ones.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for your reply. What I eventually did was very similar, if you want you can view it here:

http://readandclick.com/store/index....=index&cPath=8

The printable and email certificates are really the same, the client just wanted it listed as a seperate product for clarity...But the printed certificate has a required attribute that costs $1...

Plugin Contributions

jplanet -
    looks very nice in your store. How did you wind up doing your set up?
    Live again! http://spritelygoods.com Rebuilt on ZC v 1.5.1 from 1.3.0.2

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jplanet View Post
    Thanks for your reply. What I eventually did was very similar, if you want you can view it here:

http://readandclick.com/store/index....=index&cPath=8

The printable and email certificates are really the same, the client just wanted it listed as a seperate product for clarity...But the printed certificate has a required attribute that costs $1...

JPlanet
    Still wondering how you did this (the website). Specially then printable gift certificate.
    How is the PDF generated?
    Really need help to setup something similar.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by padiel View Post
    JPlanet
    Still wondering how you did this (the website). Specially then printable gift certificate.
    How is the PDF generated?
    Really need help to setup something similar.
    I too would like to know how this was accomplished. I get that you can sell a paper gift certificate as a regular product. What I don't get is how the redemption code is generated and how the system recognizes it once it is. I saw something earlier in the thread about generating the redemption code manually but I didn't see any place in the admin config that could do this. Can anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

Did anyone find out how this can be done so people can choose printable or email a git certificate? We have a lot of customers that want to actually want to give a gift certificate for Christmas but don't want it to be sent via email but rather a printable version they can give on Christmas day.
    Thanks
    Supersnow

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast