Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

red flag Canada post shipping module

Hi,

I've installed the module, and it's seems fine, however I have an anomally that I don't understand. Hopefully someone out there will know how to get me back on track.

I have a number of CD's and DVD's for sale on my site. When I bring up the product for editing, I don't get the Canada Post section at the bottom to input dimensions Like I do for everything else?? CD's and DVD's are Product-music which is a subset of product-General. What do I need to do or change to get this feature working on CD's and DVD's??

Default Re: Canada post shipping module

Maybe a better way of stating my question would be:

Why do I not get to enter the product dimensions ( height, length, width) for products that are classified as product- music?

eg:

If I enter a product as product -general, in a category, I get to enter the dimensions, howver if I enter a product as product-music , the section for entering dimensions is not there.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The contribution only contains the built-in support for the "product-general" product type.

If you wish to port the support into other product types as well, you'll need to mirror the coding changes from
    /admin/includes/modules/product
    to
    /admin/includes/modules/product_music

Note that the files in the contribution's /admin/includes/modules AND /admin/includes/modules/product folders need to be applied to your /admin/includes/modules/product_music folder specifically.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Dr Byte,
    I did everything in the install text, but when I try to goto the Admin>Modules>Shipping, I get the following message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in /homepages/44/d205662926/htdocs/zencart/includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php on line 140

Here is the line 140:

if (zen_get_product_is_always_free_shipping($products_array[$i]['id'] == false) $this->_addItem ($products_array[$i][quantity], $products_array[$i][final_price], $products_array[$i][weight], $products_array[$i][length], $products_array[$i][width], $products_array[$i][height], 'online_product', $products_array[$i][ready_to_ship], $products_array[$i][dim_type], $products_array[$i][weight_type]);

I tried to find any & or weird symbols with no luck, please help,

Tatiana

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Oops - wrong file uploaded.
    The package has been replaced with the right file.
    Since you have yesterday's files already, simply re-download it, unzip, and re-upload the /includes/modules/shipping/canadapost.php file.

Thanks!! I'll give it a try tonight.

Cheers !

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte -

Yesssss! It worked, fanks.

Tat

Plugin Contributions

Well I got through the parse error by replacing the file you just mentionned to re-upload.

At the moment, I'm waiting for the CP office to be opened to register a SellOnline account and to confirm from my host provider that port 30000 is accessible. When I tested the 'Estimate Shipping' option from the Shopping cart page, the CP estimator is not showing, so I'm assuming my aforementioned information must be taken care of. I'll repost tomorrow when more clear,

Thanks,
    Tatiana

I installed the revised module last night. Only had a few minutes to check it out, but it seems to be woking just fine. Thank you very much!

Dimensional shipping is how Canada Post determines their rates, so it is important for all shipping needs. Weight is a factor, but comparing actual past receipts with the estimates I was getting from the module showed a marked discrepancy in the cost. Hopefully the dimensional aspect will solve that for me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast