Page 1 of 167 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Dynamic Price Updater

Hi

I don't know if this module will be of any use to anyone but I've been asked to include it a couple of times so thought I'd release it into the wild to see if anyone can make use of it... Here's what it does:

When you have a product with attributes that alter the price this module will update the price displayed on the page instantly... This gives customers an at-a-glance price total as opposed to having to work it out themselves

The updater should (in theory) work with any amount of attributes

There is a readme included in the ZIP but installation is literally to just upload the file... It overwrites nothing, has no database hooks and is completely autonomous... if it breaks just delete the file

Currently it only works with attributes that are SELECTs... If it works for people I will update it to handle the radio boxes and checkboxes

The file can be found at

https://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?m...oducts_id=1973

A working version can be seen at http://www.studio5.uk.com/index.php?...&products_id=3

Let me know if it does/doesn't work or if anyone wants anything added or changed

Dan
    Last edited by swguy; 5 Aug 2011 at 11:35 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price Updater

Very nice Dan!
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Great contribution Dan.. thank you and adding options
    for check/radio boxes would also me most welcome

Plugin Contributions

Thanks!

Forgot to mention that at present the updater isn't currently currency-aware... If there is interest I will update that

This means that if your currency symbol is anything but £ you need to open the jscript_updater.php file and set the UPDATER_CURRENCY_SYMBOL constant to your currency symbol (e.g. $)

You can also alter the displayed text by changing the UPDATER_PREFIX_TEXT constant

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Wow! That looks great. Definitely will be an essential mod.

Plugin Contributions

Looking nice ...

Have you a solution to when coming from the Shopping Cart and attributes are already set so the price isn't starting at the original base but at the settings already set in the dropdowns?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Looking nice ...

Have you a solution to when coming from the Shopping Cart and attributes are already set so the price isn't starting at the original base but at the settings already set in the dropdowns?
    Hey now that's a great idea... I will look into it

I'm trying to keep this mod as simple as possible (1 file, no adjustments) but I reckon that should be doable... I'll get the radio/check boxes working then I'll get onto a 'memory' for added products

Thanks for the feedback... Looks like this might be worth building on

Dan

Plugin Contributions

Most definitely worth building ... many would like to see something like this work ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That's good to hear... I genuinely thought it would be one of those things that only clients of ours would want lol

Good news is I can update pre-selected attributes fairly easily... Should have that implemented over the weekend along with, hopefully, support for the other attribute types

Watch this space and thanks to all for the positive feedback (especially at this early stage)

Dan

Plugin Contributions

I've updated the updater to handle previously set attributes (e.g. a customer clicking from their shopping cart)... As before the updater doesn't care where its values come from; it just 'reads' the page (sorta)

One thing to note is that if you add a product to the cart then revisit that product through the normal channels (i.e. not clicking from the cart) the price will show as the starting price and the updater will not attempt to reconstruct the values in the cart... I consider this to be natural enough behaviour... A product with attributes can be ordered many times with different attributes for each shopping cart item... The updater respects this

The link for the mod is http://chrome.me.uk/PriceUpdater.zip

A working version is here http://www.studio5.uk.com/index.php?...&products_id=3 (this is always up-to-date because it's my testing ground for this)

Dan

Page 1 of 167 1231151101 ... LastLast