Plugin Contributions

Default How do I change the Admin Panel Links

Hi I'm a new zenner, I've searched but haven't found a solution. I have only 3questions.

1) How do I remove the "Your version of Zen Cart™ appears to be current" message that appears at the top right in the admin panel?

2) How do I remove the "E-Commerce Engine Copyright © 2003-2007 Zen Cart™ Zen Cart v1.3.7/v1.3.7" message that appears at the foot of the admin panel page?

3) I've changed the logo on the home page and on the logo on the admin panel back end, but when the mouse hovers over the admin logo, text appears that says "Powered by zen cart the art of E-Commerce." and when it hovers over the home page logo "Powered by zen cart teh art of E-Commerce (home link)" How do I change the wording on both and point the link on the logo gif home pge to where I want it?

Help from profesional zenners would be gratefully appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I change the Admin Panel Links

Quote Originally Posted by cdanta View Post

Hi I'm a new zenner, I've searched but haven't found a solution. I have only 3questions.

1) How do I remove the "Your version of Zen Cart™ appears to be current" message that appears at the top right in the admin panel?

2) How do I remove the "E-Commerce Engine Copyright © 2003-2007 Zen Cart™ Zen Cart v1.3.7/v1.3.7" message that appears at the foot of the admin panel page?

3) I've changed the logo on the home page and on the logo on the admin panel back end, but when the mouse hovers over the admin logo, text appears that says "Powered by zen cart the art of E-Commerce." and when it hovers over the home page logo "Powered by zen cart teh art of E-Commerce (home link)" How do I change the wording on both and point the link on the logo gif home pge to where I want it?

Help from profesional zenners would be gratefully appreciated.
    if you where doing this for some one why would you not want them to know if there version needed to be updated if they hire you to do it.
    /admin/includes/header.php

as far as the zen info on the bottom,
    if it is in the admin why would it matter for zen copyright as the zencart team works hard to give you this software for free,
    /admin/index.php line 443 is all the admin copyright info
    /admin/includes/footer.php line 37
    Last edited by poolprorich; 5 Nov 2007 at 01:21 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Poolprorich

Good questions and I really admire the work the zen team does but I was aksed the questions by the senior guys I work with. I guess they just want to know what to do if one day they have to do it. Thanks for your reply though.

Plugin Contributions

guessing you making a site for someone and you dont want them to know that you are using zencart.

you will need to remove all the suport site links on the top of the admin as well.

zencart has a developes tool in the tools drop down, do a seach for powered by zencart etcin there and it will tell you all the files you will need to manually edit etc etc

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kitcorsa

Cool.Thanks.