Plugin Contributions

Default Missing Page Check ZC version 1.2.5

Hello.
    I am experiencing a bit of a problem after validating pages to comply with W3C valid xhtml.

The problem has always been a problem, but it is only noticeable after the code cleaning to remove errors.

Whenever someone clicks on a hyperlink that is missing the file linked to, it is not redirecting to (root directory)/index.php it is redirecting to whatever/folder/you-were-in/index.php

Can anyone explain where to change this in my old version?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing Page Check ZC version 1.2.5

Can anyone help with this please?

Plugin Contributions

2 weeks later...

Is there anyone around who can help?

Plugin Contributions

Most of the people that could help spend most of their time on current versions and some of us never even used the 1.2.x series. Also the 1.2 series is no longer officially supported. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72868
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Most of the people that could help spend most of their time on current versions and some of us never even used the 1.2.x series. Also the 1.2 series is no longer officially supported. http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72868
    Understood.
    Hoping that someone out there is familiar with 1.2.5 still?

It is just not possible (for us) to install new zen cart and keep our site working... or I would have done it a long time ago. There has been tons of modifications, including a couple thousand different custom attributes, some custom shipping modules, custom image modules, custom admin panel, custom advanced search, ect, ect.

If someone here is familiar enough with both old and new zen carts & the customizations mentioned above, this could be a nice cash side-job opertunity. Send private message if interested.

Or, eventually, I'll have to start over, but with over 19K products on the existing site, starting over is compareable to eating an elephant.

Plugin Contributions

nevermind....problem solved :)

Plugin Contributions

Just a note - Zen Cart can be upgraded and your data (products customers etc ) is stored in the database. While making modifications to the core code can make the upgrade more difficult it can be done, you do NOT have to start from scratch like some other shopping carts.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Kim (nice bird! I have one just like it.)

As for upgrading from my really old version into the newest version, Im sure it can be done, but my level of knowledge in the matter is lacking.

Things that i can forsee as being difficult would be to import all of our custom attributes (millions of colors, sizes, trims, ect), and a custom shipping module that basically just knows how not to charge US residents.

Im still wanting to try the upgrade, but can not fathom the idea of breaking our current store that has 27+ thousand products.

As of now, our store is installed in the root directory, doesn't the new zen cart install into 'shop' directory? Perhaps I need to try and see just how far I can get with both versions installed untill I can make the new one work fully?

If anyone has any input on this matter, please speak up--I need all the help I can get.

Plugin Contributions

You can install your ZC in any folder or at root level, it's entirely up to you.

Also, all you really need is the database so my advice would be to install a fresh, up to date version either on your host server or, preferably, locally, import your current database and make changes where necessary.
    If it's been that long since you upgraded, might be time for a clear out/ redesign as well.

At the same time, if it aint broke (essentially), don't fix it.

As for your problem. Possibly you are looking to redirect a 404 error.
    Can you post the URL?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboy View Post
    You can install your ZC in any folder or at root level, it's entirely up to you.

Also, all you really need is the database so my advice would be to install a fresh, up to date version either on your host server or, preferably, locally, import your current database and make changes where necessary.
    If it's been that long since you upgraded, might be time for a clear out/ redesign as well.

At the same time, if it aint broke (essentially), don't fix it.

As for your problem. Possibly you are looking to redirect a 404 error.
    Can you post the URL?
    Thanks for the feedback about the install.

The problem I was having has been fixed.

But we will still need to tackle this upgrade (it should have been upgraded about 3 years ago).