Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do you use Multiple Sites with one PayPal Account

Does anyone they how to set Paypal up to use Multiple Sites so when the customer finishes paying, it will take them back to the site they were buying from. PayPal does not give you the option to set 2 or 3 Instant Payment Notification Preferences or Website Payment Preferences for each site. My Primary site with them is set for TheGoodShepherdStore, but if I add another for DarlenesArtGallery how will Paypal send them back to that site after paying if it is already set to send the customer back to the GoodShepherdStore. Thank you
    Is your site Upgraded to the current version 1.5.4 Yet?
    zencart-upgrades-website-installation

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do you use Multiple Sites with one PayPal Account

Zen Cart code gets around what ever is set at PP - so this is not an issue with Zen Cart
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I think I understand what your saying but when you set up paypal IPN in admin were it says
    # Be sure that the Checkbox to enable IPN is checked!
    # in Website Payments Preferences set your Automatic Return URL to:
    http://www.darlenesartgallery.com/in...eckout_process

This is already set up on my other site, so when someone buys from DarlenesArtGalley they will be carried back to TheGoodShepherdStore. Does this make since to you.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    I think I understand what your saying but when you set up paypal IPN in admin were it says
    # Be sure that the Checkbox to enable IPN is checked!
    # in Website Payments Preferences set your Automatic Return URL to:
    http://www.darlenesartgallery.com/in...eckout_process

This is already set up on my other site, so when someone buys from DarlenesArtGalley they will be carried back to TheGoodShepherdStore. Does this make since to you.
    If you've already got something set for the Automatic Return URL, just leave it.
    Zen Cart *only* needs the checkbox enabled so that the auto return *works*. But if we told you to just check the box but didn't tell you to fill in the URL, you'd be getting an error message from PayPal and then you'd be coming back here asking "why" ... so we gave you something to put in the box.
    Use whatever you've got. Zen Cart will do its own thing.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte for your time and answer. I understand what your saying now. I have another question for you. When the customer goes through checkout on DarlenesArtGallery to the PayPal site to pay for it, it alway has a link at the bottom for the option to go back to the web site that you was just at. Well in the case of DarlenesArtGallery it reads Return to TheGoodShepherdStore. Do you think this will throw the customer off if he decides that he/she want to purchase something else before paying. I have the diable_registrationlogin mod installed. If you would like to go see what I'm trying to say. Thank you again DrByte for you help.

Plugin Contributions

(1) You can create an Account to keep tract of your account better when you make a Purchase
    maybe should be
    (1) You can create an Account to keep track of your account better when you make a Purchase
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Thanks kobra I appreciate that.

Plugin Contributions

I'm also going to be running several sites into one account. I'm going to explain that www.mysite.com is owned by www.mystuff.com, and I'm going to point paypal toward a www.mystuff.com page, just to be sure of no snafus... In fact, could be interesting... Can I make that happen so it -doesn't- autoreturn to the cart from whence it came, and instead goes to my page'o'links to other sites?

Hmmm...

Plugin Contributions

Dr Byte, I hope you can help me out with a issue I am having with the paypal IPN handler (ipn_main_handler.php/type/ec)

First a little background. I have 3 carts set up for 1 site, in 3 different sub folders (purchase, purchase_euro and purchase_can) for each of the associated currencies. Now before you ask, the reason I went that way instead of the currency conversion is because they have some misc price differences that don't match up to the conversion rate.

The checkout is using the PPWPP module, which works fine on the credit card processing. But when they click on the Pay Now with Paypal button, this error comes up:

Code:

1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'
    in:
    [SELECT zen_order_id, paypal_ipn_id, payment_status, txn_type, pending_reason FROM _zenCADpaypal WHERE txn_id = '' ORDER BY zen_order_id DESC ]
    The Pay with Paypal button works on the main US cart, but not on the euro or the canadian carts. You can see the carts at:

http://www.unifieddirect.net/puchase

Please....please say you can help me out, I got to get this puppy wrapped up.

Thanks in advance for a response.

JF

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcfra420 View Post

Code:

1054 Unknown column 'zen_order_id' in 'field list'
    That's a result of doing a database upgrade to 1.3.8 but using older PHP files to talk to it, such as 1.3.7 or such.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast