Plugin Contributions

Default Turn off 'New Products' & 'Featured Products' in product listing.

I would like to disable both 'new products' and 'featured products' from displaying in the products listing page. Can't find the settings in admin.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Turn off 'New Products' & 'Featured Products' in product listing.

I would also like to disable featured products on all pages except the main page.

In the following section I have these two options.

Configuration > Index Listing

Show Featured Products on Main Page = 1
    Show Featured Products on Main Page - Category with SubCategories = 0

With this configuration nothing shows up on the main page. When I change the second option to 1, the featured products show up everywhere.

Is there a way that this could be done. I think it's a simple fix but I am unable to find the solution and now I am a little confused too.

Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sincerely,
    Tina
    dharma internet

Plugin Contributions

Please disregard my message above. Though I have not found the answer to my question, what I did just notice is a function of the featured products module that I did not know existed until now. The more I use zen cart the more I discover. I love it.

P.S. I would have deleted my previous reply but I cant figure how that is possible

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Tina. I found the clue I needed in your post.

Plugin Contributions

Could you maybe tell me how you turned it of?? Been searching and changing for weeks now without the wanted effect (turning of new products in product listing)

Thank you so much!

Plugin Contributions

Admin - Configuration - Index Listing - Show New Products on Main Page set to 0

Plugin Contributions

Woohoo, thank you so much!
    Although it wasn't the right answer, it did point me to an option I totally missed for weeks... Ladilaaaa.

For the next one trying to do this:

Admin - Configuration - Index Listing - Show New Products below Product Listing - set to 0

Thanks Stevesh

Plugin Contributions

I too go this doubt and came to this thered. But, though answers are there in the above thered nothing is clear. So, I am trying to post this answer which would be clear to any body else coming next to me with the same problem.

Q- I want to display new products in the main page but not in any other pages.

Answer-- Do the following setting

Admin->Configuration->Index Settings->Show New Products on Main Page -> Set it to 1,2,3,4 (depends the way you want the ordering)

Admin->Configuration->Index Settings->Show New Products on Main Page - Category with SubCategories SET it to 0

In this case the New Products will come only in the main page not in any other page.

Set both the value to 0 if you dont want to display it at all.

Hope this helps..

Thank you guys.. :)

Plugin Contributions

I have a similar problem but I don't want to open a new thread. Can you help me to put the Featured product right on the top? I mean I want the Featured products and below the New products.

THANKS!