Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default How do I create a new Banner Group ?

Hi everybody,

I am trying to create a new “banner group”, I 've gone through the tutorials and the forum, but still can't find what the actual process is.

I create a NewBanner and where it says “enter a new banner group below” I enter any name for the New Banner Group. After I click "Instert" the group does not show up in the "Layout boxes controller" or anywhere else

What am I missing? I need some help Please ...

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I create a new Banner Group ?

After you enter the banner group name on the banners to which it applies, you can activate those banner groups by also keying the group name in Admin->Configuration->Layout Settings for the particular banner locations you desire.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for your reply, but when I go to: Admin->Configuration->Layout Settings, I don't see the "New Banner Group" I have created.

Shouldn't it show up there with the new name I have given it ?

Plugin Contributions

No, you have to assign the banner position to the group you have created.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Kim for your reply,

Could you Please explain a bit more how to do that?

I probably don’t follow the correct procedure because the newgroup I have created is nowhere to be found.

Thank you again.

Plugin Contributions

Just to add one more thing.

Is it possible to have a different "banner position" for the "New Banner Group"?

I would like my new Banner Group to be set to appear only to the Left side Column. (Reason is my left column is much wider than the right)

So I would like to have the ability to assign images that will appear only on the Left side on my site.

Thanks again

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. You created a new banner, and set its banner group name to "MyLeftBannerBox"

2. You have enabled the "banner_box" sidebox in the layout-boxes-controller, to show on the left column.

3. Go to Admin->Configuration->Layout Settings->Banner Display Groups - Side Box banner_box, and enter the new group name "MyLeftBannerBox"

tada

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte for your reply,

It is my fault that I wasn't very clear as to what I am trying to accomplish.

I though that by creating a "New Banner Group" I would also be able to assign this New Group through the “Layout Boxes Controller” to show up only on the left side.

So I would now have one group of banners, appear only to the left Side and another group of banners appear only to the Right Side.

Is this possible?

Thank you again

Plugin Contributions

You have 2 different Banner SideBoxes available - assign one to the left and one to the right.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Kim's right.

There's even a 3rd banner sidebox option: banner_box_all.

Again, you can position the banner sideboxes on either the left or the right, and you can specify the desired banner group to denote which banners will appear in that sidebox.

Banners don't just appear in the left/right columns. They need something to appear "inside of". Hence the use of the banner sideboxes mentioned.

You can of course do custom coding to alter the overall behavior if it's not meeting your needs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast