Plugin Contributions

Default I need to insert 'Right Click Disable' JScript

If you visit my present website in my signature area, and view any of the graphics, on any of the pages, and try to 'Right Click to Save Picture As..' you will notice that the function has been disabled. Because I own over 250 copyrighted graphic images my self, publicize other artist's works by permission, I have to protect their investments, as well as mine, from 'The Image Grabbers'. I do have the .htaccess webot, crawler and spider info ready, but feel that this will protect me against the Human versions, that are not automated.

The script, for all to share...

<script type="text/JavaScript">

function disableRightClick(e)

{

var message = "Right click disabled";

if(!document.rightClickDisabled) // initialize

{

if(document.layers)

{

document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN);

document.onmousedown = disableRightClick;

}

else document.oncontextmenu = disableRightClick;

return document.rightClickDisabled = true;

}

if(document.layers || (document.getElementById && !document.all))

{

if (e.which==2||e.which==3)

{

alert(message);

return false;

}

}

else

{

alert(message);

return false;

}

}

disableRightClick();

<!--

function MM_jumpMenu(targ,selObj,restore){ //v3.0

eval(targ+".location='"+selObj.options[selObj.selectedIndex].value+"'");

if (restore) selObj.selectedIndex=0;

}

//-->

</script>

Thanks to all for the continuing support and I hope this meager donation offsets the help I have received previously.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I need to insert 'Right Click Disable' JScript

IMHO you are better off to put a watermark over the images, someone who really wants to grab the pic can do so from grabbing the direct image link from View Source no matter what stops you have put in place...and some ppl have javascript disabled in their browsers, making that useless lol I myself use Firefox with the NoScript Addon and I only enable javascript for a site if I really need to.....just my 2 cents lol
    HunnyBee Design
    "A man's manners are a mirror in which he shows his portrait." ~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Plugin Contributions

There is absolutely no point in disabling right click. Copying an image is the easiest thing in the world - my 9-year old daughter figured out a by-pass herself a couple of weeks ago!

Install IH2 (Image Handler) and invoke the watermark.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

totally agree, no point wasting time and energy on something that anyone can override.

Are you talking about the site in your sig? If so, you've got the wrong forum as it's not built with zen cart/ also not sure what your question is!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by christon26 View Post
    IMHO you are better off to put a watermark over the images, someone who really wants to grab the pic can do so from grabbing the direct image link from View Source no matter what stops you have put in place...and some ppl have javascript disabled in their browsers, making that useless lol I myself use Firefox with the NoScript Addon and I only enable javascript for a site if I really need to.....just my 2 cents lol
    Well.. I finally tested the Old Site using FireFox because I was able to disable JS quicker and could see the issue can be bypassed by more sophisticated players.. I appreciate the insight, I had problems with the contrib that did that did apply the watermark automatically, last time I tried, but I have been stable, code wise for several months now, so maybe I should try again ?

Thanks again for seeing what I was not.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadboy View Post
    totally agree, no point wasting time and energy on something that anyone can override.

Are you talking about the site in your sig? If so, you've got the wrong forum as it's not built with zen cart/ also not sure what your question is!
    No I fully agree that the old site was not ZC.. I do not know what the web programmer used for code, before he walked away in frustration.. which was not a $$ issue. I took over the project and am using ZC as it seems to have "The Best" forum members I have found to date.

I was trying to initially find out where to insert the JS script as it was pretty effective on the old website, in general anyway. Since the real images never made a full appearance I was not that concerned at the time as well, but he was creating so much garbage in his attempt(s), plural, by slicing the images, the script, etc.. I was glad that his level of abilities limited him from completing the project.

Even now, the matrix for Image + T-Shirt Size + T-Shirt Color = Product to Sell has me thinning on top. I have tried many variations Attribute Name, Value & Controller + Stock by Attribute does not help with the issue of having one source of t-shirts, that all sales draw from ?

Again, thanks to all in response to this issue. I am going to try Image Handler 2, again. Previously I had an unstable shopping cart setup, so after reloading a couple of months ago, everything has been working out just fine.

Plugin Contributions

ImageHandler will better protect your images than any 'no right click' script can.

Also, check out the Free Downloads section for a Mod called "Product Attribute Grid". Might take a bit to get your head around how it actually works but once you do, it's definitely a plus when Attributes are used.