Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Add Product, Page Disappears

What bug (or what could be commented out) would cause the category listing page to disappear when a product is added to the section?

View web site by clicking here
    [FONT=Century Gothic].: Stef :.[/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Add Product, Page Disappears

If you view the source for that link there is a <!-- around line 8.

I do not see where this ends.

That <!-- is the starting tag of an HTML comment. Is that interferring with the display of the page?

Did you try to turn on the Classic Template to see if this is template releated?

Plugin Contributions

UH OH! Nothing on your site now except background colors!

If you have WinMerge (get it it you don't - it's FREE!), compare your stylesheet to a fresh install stylesheet to see what's amiss!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

That is weird...I didn't change anything since before I made this post?

Is WinMerge Mac compatible? I looked it up and didn't see anything about what OS it supports.

Plugin Contributions

I looked into WinMerge and it appears that maybe it is not Mac friendly.
    Try Ultra Compare
    http://www.ultraedit.com/

Hope this works for you!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

I just looked at the web site (FireFox) and everything is viewable. If you're viewing in IE6 (I checked at work), it will not work, neither in IE7. I have not bothered to make it IE7 compatible yet (it will NOT be IE6 compatible at all) because I am not done working on the standards compliant coding.

So anyway, back to the original question...Why, when you click on "Air Pumps" for example, why does the content disappear?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TripleMoons View Post
    So anyway, back to the original question...Why, when you click on "Air Pumps" for example, why does the content disappear?
    Run the Debug Utililty to find the problem files. Available in the downloads section

I know you know - nothing shows in IE7 except the background and a bar.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by charmedbytina2
    I know you know - nothing shows in IE7 except the background and a bar.
    To view the web site in it's current state, use FireFox.
    The web site is not IE compatible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by charmedbytina2
    Run the Debug Utililty to find the problem files. Available in the downloads section
    Very cool, I did not know this existed.

I got four DEBUG files:

Code:
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:14] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:14] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    Code:
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:20] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:20] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    Code:
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:25] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:25] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:25] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44
    Code:
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:23] PHP Warning:  session_start() [<a href='function.session-start'>function.session-start</a>]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 108
    [27-Jun-2008 20:39:23] PHP Warning:  Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/index.php:67) in /home/www/uptownbirds.com/shoponline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    ===== Friday, June 27, 2008 1:44:43 PM America/New_York =====
    Now, line 67 in index.php is this:

Code:
    <div class="row1right"> 522-526 Amsterdam Avenue<br />
    I'm not exactly sure what's wrong with this line that could possibly be causing a problem with the listing? I commented out the entire DIV and it didn't fix the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Also just figured out when you click "Add To Cart" I get the same blank screen.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by TripleMoons View Post
    Also just figured out when you click "Add To Cart" I get the same blank screen.
    New error message for this?

Usually the first file listed is the problem - check it for blanks at the end of the coding.

Tina

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast