Plugin Contributions

Default Free shipping & Google Checkout

Hi

I have the Google Checkout module installed and it works fine.

I want to offer Free Shipping on items totalling £100 or over. I've installed the Free Shipping Options Module and set it to be a fee of 0 for a total >= £100.

When estimating shipping this works fine - it shows a free shipping option for totals over £100 and doesn't for orders below it. However, when it gets to Google Checkout the user can select free shipping whether the order is over £100 or not which is obviously no good...

Any ideas? I've also noticed next to the Free Shipping Options in the admin there's a yellow dot (as opposed to red or green) - why is this ?

Many thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Free shipping & Google Checkout

Anyone???

Plugin Contributions

I've put about 2 hours into looking for a solution to offering free shipping to the Google Checkout process. So far, I've been unable to find any simple solutions to the manner and have started a dialogue with the Google development team to create a coupon code that offers free shipping (you know, like zen cart). While I'm waiting to see if they develop a coupon, I'm testing out a few complex methods.

It seems rather silly to not have an option for free shipping. Google Checkout should have thought of this.

I'll post anything I find here.

Plugin Contributions

Here's a small bit of information. Google will process coupons entered in the Merchant Admin section of Zen Cart. Here's a small workaround (not perfect, but it's a start):

1. Enable 'Merchant Calculated Shipping' in the Google Checkout Payment module.
    2. Specify 'Default Values for Real Time Shipping Rates' THE DOLLAR AMOUNTS YOU SPECIFY HERE WILL BE USED WHEN CALCULATING FREE SHIPPING.
    3. In the Coupon Admin, create a coupon and check 'Free Shipping'
    4. Visit your store, begin the checkout process. Select the shipping method you desire and then enter your coupon code. NOTE: The free shipping applied will not be the dollar amount automatically calculated, but will be the default value entered in step 2.

I'm working on figuring out how to have a coupon method that allows free shipping for the calculated value.

Also, I'm trying to figure out how to sort the shipping methods listed in the drop down menu. I'm new to the Google Checkout module, but will post any results I find on this page.

For now, I'm back to the wall...
    Last edited by whitefrog; 9 Oct 2008 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Updating for accuracy.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by roger06 View Post
    Hi

I have the Google Checkout module installed and it works fine.

I want to offer Free Shipping on items totalling £100 or over. I've installed the Free Shipping Options Module and set it to be a fee of 0 for a total >= £100.

When estimating shipping this works fine - it shows a free shipping option for totals over £100 and doesn't for orders below it. However, when it gets to Google Checkout the user can select free shipping whether the order is over £100 or not which is obviously no good...

Any ideas? I've also noticed next to the Free Shipping Options in the admin there's a yellow dot (as opposed to red or green) - why is this ?

Many thanks
    I have also installed the Google checkout module and have encountered the same problem. Customer stills has option of choosing to pay for shipping or select free shipping from the drill down. This is a bit annoying to say the least. Depending on how much your products sell for you might consider adding the shipping charges to to your products in their respective price range, then disable the free shipping module in ZenCart, and post a notice on your site that you offer free shipping for all of your products! Might be a powerful selling tool. I may do this myself. If you guys decide to do this let me know. Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

I had a similar issue and here is how I finally solved it. I deactivated and removed all other shipping modules and activated Table Rate shipping instead. After you click the edit button you will have the option of customizing your table rates like so...

Lets say that you wish to charge $10.00 for shipping for orders up to $99.00, you would enter that like this: 99.00:10.00

Now to add free shipping for orders of $100 or more do this: 100.00:0

Add both together and it will look like this: 99.00:10.00,100.00:0

Now when someone orders up to $99.00 of merchandise they will be charged $10.00 for shipping. When they pay $100 or more they will be charged 0 for shipping. Google Checkout displays this correctly and no longer gives the customer the choice to choose free shipping or your other shipping rate, just the one that is applicable to the amount of money they are spending.

Trust me this works like a charm!

Plugin Contributions