Plugin Contributions

Default newbie needs help...BIG TIME!

Okay, so we got the ZenCart installed, and I was following a tutorial on changing the text in different places.....I went to change the index.php to reflect different wording (in languages/english if that helps), uploaded the new index.php and when I refreshed the site the page had just dissapeared. No error message, just a blank page.

I am new to all of this and I am having a very difficult time, even with the tutorials. How do I get my page back?

Miriam

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: newbie needs help...BIG TIME!

Quote Originally Posted by magolines View Post
    Okay, so we got the ZenCart installed, and I was following a tutorial on changing the text in different places.....I went to change the index.php to reflect different wording (in languages/english if that helps), uploaded the new index.php and when I refreshed the site the page had just dissapeared. No error message, just a blank page.

I am new to all of this and I am having a very difficult time, even with the tutorials. How do I get my page back?

Miriam
    Did you save the edited file to your override files or did you overwrite the original?

Upload the exact same file from the install ZenCart files. Does this fix your problem?

Tina

Plugin Contributions

I think the best thing you can do is post the code here so we can have a look. If this is the only thing you have tried to alter and the page only went wrong after you had saved this file, it is likely that you have added/deleted a ' or " or something as simple as that but extremely important (as you found out).

After we sort this out, we'll have a chat about the override system.

Tina's solution will work for you but if we can help you understand what went wrong, you can prevent it happening again or correct the error next time.
    Last edited by m4tty; 1 Jul 2008 at 12:39 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Magolines,
    Have a look at this tutorial on blank pages:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

As m4tty said, you likely have a syntax error, and if you read section 2b from that link you will see how you can turn on PHP errors and see exactly which line number PHP is complaining about, as well as what type of error it has found.

Makes it so much easier to fix when you can see it :)

Plugin Contributions

In the tutorials/FAQ do a search for 'escape'.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.