Plugin Contributions

Default Added customer field doesn't work for me

I followed the instructions provided by CraigW in the thread "Add a field into create account". I then re-checked all my alterations and I can't find where I've made a mistake. I have created a new Job Title field.

The new field shows up in the create account page, the My Account page and the Customers page in Admin (although in this page is has not picked up the label correctly and shows "ENTRY_JOBTITLE_NAME" instead of the field name "Job Title".

If I go into the Admin area and make a change, this appears to be recorded in the database, ie it shows up next time I go to this section.

If I go to the My Account area and update the information, I get a page telling me my account has been updated correctly. However, the Job Title field is blank. And any alteration to the job title field is not reflected in the Admin->Customers section.

If I create a new account, I can fill in the field, and it does display in the Admin->Customers, but not the My Account->Edit section.

Can anybody help me with this?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Added customer field doesn't work

Did you ever get this resolved? If not, could you please post a link to look at? You may be able to glean some info from this post:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73181

Or do a search for tax id field. It was awhile ago that I participated in that post and it sounds like you may have had the same problem. If I remember right my problem was I forgot to add it to the defines file or english AND I had a typo somewhere (should have been capitalized instead of lowercase or vice versa). I would check those things first.

Good Luck

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley

Plugin Contributions

No Obe1, I couldn't figure it out.

I came across a wishlist where someone had suggested that there should be a few more optional fields which you can switch off or on in admin and maybe even rename them to suit. It seems to me that Tax Id and Job Title are commonly asked for and this would be the easiest solution.

For now, I'm going back to the default. I have only so much time and patience to waste. - You are right, it probably is a typo but I have checked and rechecked and cannot find it.

Jill

Plugin Contributions

JillC;

I am not sure about job title as we hardly ask for that, however, I have been successful at implementing a tax id field and would be willing to post the code if you wish to try it again. I understand your frustrations as I am not a coder myself. Yes, I too have lost patience a many times and wish it could an easy fix and a click here and there like most things in ZC and poof it would work. However, so many people need so many things and where would the main developers get time to work on bugs and new code if all they did were write add-ons for each request. That is why it is important that we help each other out and post fixes and solutions when we get them instead of leaving everyone else hanging.

Just let me know if you want to continue the adventure

Sincerely,

0be1
    "Give me one hundred preachers who fear nothing but sin and desire nothing but God, and I care not whether they be clergymen or laymen, they alone will shake the gates of Hell and set up the kingdom of Heaven upon Earth." - John Wesley