Plugin Contributions

Default Customer login error 1064 SQL syntax with COWOA installed

I have checked all over the forum and could not find this exact error problem. After the customer has set up their account they can't login again, even with a new password sent to them.

I have tried logging in myself and this is the error message that I am getting:

1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':email AND COWOA_account != 1' at line 9
    in:
    [SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_authorization, customers_referral FROM customers WHERE customers_email_address = :email AND COWOA_account != 1]

I have tried most everything I have found on the forum and nothing works, unless I have missed something here. I recently got a new ISP and had problems with emails, but fixed that by changing things around in my admin so that the emails go through my ISP now. Not exactly certain when this problem started with the logins, but do need to fix this ASAP.

I have the no account module.... could there be something in that wrong? Would appreciate any help with this. This is my store address:
    http://www.northcountrystudios.com/MusicStore/

Also I am using the latest version of Zen.

Thanks,
    Sharon
    Last edited by bcbunny; 4 Jul 2008 at 09:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add this!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer login error 1064 SQL syntax with COWOA installed

Quote Originally Posted by bcbunny View Post
    1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ':email AND COWOA_account != 1' at line 9
    in:
    [SELECT customers_id, customers_firstname, customers_password, customers_email_address, customers_default_address_id, customers_authorization, customers_referral FROM customers WHERE customers_email_address = :email AND COWOA_account != 1]
    That appears to be related to something in the COWOA mod which you have apparently installed on your site.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Do you have any idea what I should do or exactly what file needs to be corrected? I stayed up all night trying to figure this out and I am totally lost at this point.

Thank you for your reply!
    Sharon

Plugin Contributions

I found my answer.
    I replaced modules/pages/login/header_php.php with the original code from the over-writes folder from the COWOA mod file.

Thank you for sending me in the right direction to look for the answer.

Sharon Drury
    http://www.northcountrystudios.com

Plugin Contributions

Rather than replacing the header_php.php file and losing some of the COWOA functionality, here's a link to how to fix the typo in the file:

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=923

HTH,

Jim