Plugin Contributions

Default Transactions over $1000 don't go through

I have a store that has been running smoothly for over a year now and done over 300 sales. It is 1.3.7 and I use Paypal Standard and Express Checkout and have had no problems.

Except last January I had my first transaction over $1000 and the guy did the whole thing, used his Credit Card (not Paypal) and the payment went through in Paypal but it did not generate a transaction in Zen Cart. I got the receipt of his payment from Paypal but nothing showed up in the store except that he had created a new account cuz it makes him do it.

I chalked it up to a weird server or db hiccup at the time.

And today I happened to look at "Who's Online" when I saw someone with a cart for $1250 and he was going through the process and I saw his name, it was familiar, looked him up, and it was the same guy! These are the only two transactions I've ever had over $1000. So I watched him online from the backend, saw how it made him make a new account again (thus I saw his name), and each page of the process he was on with a session id, etc., all the way through confirmation, process, etc.

And I got a receipt from Paypal, but then nothing went into Zen Cart again and it shows no transaction!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Transactions over $1000 don't go through

Quote Originally Posted by Kayla View Post
    It is 1.3.7 and I use Paypal Standard and Express Checkout
    Do you have the PayPal patch for v1.3.7 installed?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56216

Did he use Express Checkout or Standard?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have no idea. I don't remember—It was over a year ago! How do I tell if I have the patch? This whole site was built from scratch in 1.3.7 in May of 2007, after the patch dates, so did it come with it?

He used a Standard Credit Card where you cllick the link on the Paypal page that says "Don't Have a Paypal account? Use your credit card".

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I would suggest applying the patch, since a significant number of improvements are contained therein, including issues with large purchases.

The only way to know "for sure" whether it's solved your problem is to do another similar transaction

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Heh heh.. would you like to buy >$1000 of UPCs from me to test it?

Thanks. Your help is always much appreciated!

I see that 1.3.7.1 came out right at the time my site went live so I didn't even know about the upgrade. I'm sure I don't have the Paypal patch then.
    Last edited by Kayla; 8 Jul 2008 at 06:25 AM.