Plugin Contributions

Default Duplicate sort error in Shipping Mod.

I know this may be a stupid question but how do I get rid of this error message?

WARNING: YOU HAVE DUPLICATE SORT ORDERS WHICH WILL RESULT IN CALCULATION ERRORS
    PLEASE CORRECT THESE ISSUES NOW!

I only have one shipping method and a one item sort. Everything else is blank. The other methods are red and inactive.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Duplicate sort error in Shipping Mod.

Well ... it is telling you that you have set the Sort Orders on your Shipping Modules and in the process, you have duplicated the Sort Order Values ...

Set them in increments of 10 and use unique values ... if you say 10 twice, then you have duplicated the Sort Order for 10 ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

So, I need to number even the ones, I am not using? If I understand you correctly that is what you are implying. I will try that.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

If you install a module, you need to number it ...

The modules build an array and if you use the same number or do not number them and leave them set to 0 and others are numbered then they get overwritten, so to speak, as the array is built ...

So install the ones you are using, and number them ... I number by 10s so later I can sort easier should I want to switch things around ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. It worked great.

Plugin Contributions

I ran into the same issue as did "Dilld"; I received the error message: "WARNING: YOU HAVE DUPLICATE SORT ORDERS WHICH WILL RESULT IN ...." when configuring Payment modules. In my case, I had only three modules turned on and they had been set with sort orders of: 1,2,3 ....yet i still received the error message!

I understand the principle of assigning numbers to the zen cart modules to establish a sort order - but , as did "Billd", it wasn't until i changed my module orders from 1,2,3 to 10,20,30 that the error message went away.

This seems odd - I understand your suggested principle of allowing for "space" for activating future modules by not initially using consecutive sort numbers ....but why should it matter and throw an error when trying to use 1,2,3 ????

1,2,3 should not be in conflict if there are only 3 modules installed, right?

Plugin Contributions

I cannot reproduce the error ...

I do use the 10s or 100s myself, but I reset 11 modules from 1 to 11 in random order and all is working ...

What specific shipping modules do you have installed?

What are their Sort Orders?

Do any of the shipping modules use zones?

Do you have any shipping module installed that is set to disabled?
    Linda McGrath