Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Help! Orders are NOT recording

Ok i have no idea what is up but i had an order come in yesterday where a lady went in and i take it filled her cart and got all the way to the part where it directed it to paypal, well she paid and i got that email letting me know she paid and i got the money in my paypal. Well i checked my emails the inbox, spam box and bulk and no emails letting me know that i had an order, which i would have not known had the payment reciept not come to me, well this is the weird thing i went to the zen cart admin to look up the order and just print it from their well its not their i have no idea what this women bought. I have 2 other orders from last month that are showing that i did get emails for and i even updated these to show delivered. Well right before posting this since i figured it was just a glitch and i would IM her and ask what she ordered and i get an email that i have a payment on paypal again from a customer and they paid via paypal the money is their so i went to check my emails nothing, i went to zen and again the order did not record, why it this happening? I will now be emailing 2 customers for their orders i need this fixed as this is very unprofessional for me to have to go to the customer to see what they ordered since its not showing in the zen cart admin. Thank you

maggie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help! Orders are NOT recording

If you were receiving PayPal payments "last week" just fine, but today they stopped working properly, then you need to look at what's "changed" since it last worked properly.

Maybe PayPal's systems aren't sending notifications to you properly.
    Maybe they stopped sending notifications for a reason. Is the "IPN Instant Payment Notification" still enabled in your PayPal account?
    Maybe you made a change on your website's PHP files or your PayPal module settings?
    Maybe your hosting company has changed something on the server and/or firewall that is blocking the PayPal servers from sending your order details to you properly.

FAQ on troubleshooting some PayPal issues: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

PayPal service System Status: http://www.paypaldeveloper.com/pdn/b...id=mts_updates

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if you miss read its not a paypal notice problem. I got the notice of a payment this is the only way i knew i had an order the problem is the zen cart is not sending me a copy of the customers orders and their is no record of an order in the admin of zen cart. After paypal notified me of a payment i checked for an email from the zen cart admin so i can print the order and ship and their is nothing in my admin under orders except the 2 orders i had last month these 2 orders that i got in the last 24 hours are NOT listed in the admin of the cart this is nothing with paypal. I havent changed a thing either and i made sure that my email is correct in the admin also. So why is the orders not showing up my cart is allowing the customer to add stuff to the cart, sign up as a customer(since i see them in the listing for customers) check out to the point they can get all the way to paypal and pay. I get paid but i have no order to see what they wanted and in fact one lady emailed me to tell me she didnt get a copy of her order or an order number.

maggie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I told you, the problem is that the communications between PayPal's server and your server are not operating properly.

Your store took the order. It's sitting waiting for PayPal to talk to your server (happens in the background, called "IPN") in order to release the order. At that time the email confirmations will be sent and the order will show up in the admin.

I already gave you all the tips for fixing that communication problem.

But, since you don't believe, me, there's apparently no convincing you.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i didnt say i didnt believe you i just didnt know that orders not showing in the admin had anything to do with paypal so i went back and looked over what you gave me and i know nothing was changed on the php and i doubled checked everything else and its correct. plus i did a test order and nothing it showing i went over the links you gave too and i dont see where anything would have changed

maggie

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

What are the log files saying?

(Assuming you've read the articles I mentioned earlier, you'll know how to do that, since it's one of the recommended steps on finding out what might be wrong.)

Plugin Contributions

what log file? I did a test last night after i posted and disabled the paypal payment option in the admin of the cart and did a test order and it went trought when i went back in and reinstalled paypal as an option and set it all up too on paypal and did a test order it didnt take no order can in but when i disable paypal it works not sure why.

maggie

Plugin Contributions

On the settings for the IPN module, you can enable debug mode, which will log the IPN activities in the modules/payment/paypal/logs directory. That will probably help give clues as to what's going on.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, i went in and enabled it and did a test order and this is what it sent me in an email. what does this mean?

Keys for submission: Array
    (
    [charset] => iso-8859-1
    [lc] => US
    [page_style] => Primary
    [custom] => zenid=e65fcfb5aa2f7041d150f4c14e13d261
    [business] => playthingsforlovers######################
    [return] =>
    http://playthingsforlovers.com/store/index.php?main_page=checkout_process&referer=paypal
    [cancel_return] =>
    http://playthingsforlovers.com/store/index.php?main_page=checkout_payment
    [shopping_url] =>
    http://playthingsforlovers.com/store/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart
    [notify_url] =>
    http://playthingsforlovers.com/store/ipn_main_handler.php
    [redirect_cmd] => _xclick
    [rm] => 2
    [bn] => zencart
    [mrb] => R-6C7952342H795591R
    [pal] => 9E82WJBKKGPLQ
    [first_name] => maggie
    [last_name] => norwood
    [address1] => 64285 w powerline rd ext
    [city] => pearl river
    [state] => LA
    [zip] => 70458
    [country] => US
    [email] => maggiesshoppe######################
    [H_PhoneNumber] => 5042019907
    [night_phone_a] => 504
    [night_phone_b] => 201
    [night_phone_c] => 9907
    [day_phone_a] => 504
    [day_phone_b] => 201
    [day_phone_c] => 9907
    [no_shipping] => 1
    [upload] => 1
    [currency_code] => USD
    [cmd] => _ext-enter
    [item_name] => Play Things For Lovers Purchase
    [item_number] => Store Receipt
    [amount] => 42.00
    [shipping] => 0.00
    [tax] => 0.00
    [tax_cart] => 0.00
    )

maggie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HomicideRocker View Post
    On the settings for the IPN module, you can enable debug mode, which will log the IPN activities in the modules/payment/paypal/logs directory. That will probably help give clues as to what's going on.
    Hi, I have the same problem with Metacharge but there is no log facility from what I can see.
    This problem only occurs infrequently so not a big problem for us. Could it be that the transaction was occuring during a maintenance period at our hosts '1and1' causing the block of info received from the metacharge server?

Steve.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast