Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Express Checkout not taking payment

Ok this is weird paypal express is set up and works for the most part.
    But if customer uses the express check out and has not setup an account then logs in to paypal and account is made on my store and order is placed but payment is not taken. Anyone have any clue why this is happening?

If I can take the express check out button off the cart it will force them to make an account before going to paypal and that will fix the problem (I think) but how do I do that?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Express Checkout not taking payment

How many different customers have you tested this with?

If you turn on Debug log-to-file, what shows up in the logs (best to zip them all into one file and post a link to the zip here)
    Reference: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61199

What version of Zen Cart?
    What addons are installed?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hay what’s up Doc i have the log files zipped here i have looked at them my self but cant see anything that stands out (but that’s no surprise with my lack of coding skills)

Zen cart version is 1.3.8a.
    i have quite a few add-on installed: super orders, big Royal Mail and a few more i cant remember.
    i hope you can help me with this as im stumped.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
    But if customer uses the express check out and has not setup an account then logs in to paypal and account is made on my store and order is placed but payment is not taken.
    A couple questions:
    1. What payment modules do you have active in Admin->Modules->Payment? Which ones are installed but set to "false"?

2. When the order is placed but payment is not taken, what is the payment module shown in the Admin->Customers->Orders screen for that order?
    It's shown in the 2nd column, just to the right of the order number. The payment module and shipping module names are stacked atop each other in that column. What are they?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I now have Paypal IPN and websites payment pro installed but not active. but i didn’t even have them installed until this problem was spotted (i was going to use WPP but been having problems setting it up on papal site).

In the payment/ shipping column in the orders list it shows paypaldp then the ref number it fails every time this payment type shows. Also in the super orders module it shows as payment type credit card (it wasn’t)

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you click "Remove" for the modules you're not using (installed but not active) and do another transaction, what module name does it show on the next failed transaction?

Plugin Contributions

it still shows credit card as payment methord in super orders and under the normal orders part it still shows paypaldp.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by StarBuck View Post
    it still shows credit card as payment methord in super orders and under the normal orders part it still shows paypaldp.
    And you're trying to tell me that you have the "PayPal Website Payments Pro" module uninstalled? ie: a red dot?
    ... but it's still collecting payment as if it was enabled?

Plugin Contributions

Yeah and thats the problum. i never had wedsite payments pro installed untill we started haveng this problum i then installed it as i was going to use that insted.

i did say this is a weard one!: blush:

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Bizarre.
    Are any of these orders using coupons or gift certificates?

A detailed list of addons installed would be helpful.

Sometimes it's necessary to dig into differences hard-core, using this approach: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...Obscure_Issues

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast