Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default PayPal Express Checkout crossing with Linkpoint API

I currently have PayPal Express Checkout and the Linkpoint API installed on my site. I have the "Enable Linkpoint Module" set to false because I'm trying to figure out what the problem is. I followed all the instructions on the tutorial https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=298 , I made sure that the number on the XXXXX.pem match my Linkpoint/YourPay Merchant ID and that the file was properly uploaded to /includes/modules/payment/linkpoint_api/.

Some of my problems are:

When processing an order through paypal with linkpoint disabled, the process goes as it should on the site from Add to Cart through the whole checkout process on the PayPal website and back to my thank you page. When I look in the orders section of the Admin the response I get is "linkpoint_api freeshipper". The Paypal website does not collect any information about the order neither does the linkpoint.

Another problem is that if I enable linkpoint and paypal simultaneously and select "Credit Card" radio button as payment method I get redirected to the paypal website.

If I disable paypal and run linkpoint I get the following response:
    "The credit card number starting with was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card."

I reloaded the ipn_main_handler.php thinking that could be the problem but I still have the same issue.

If anybody can point me in a different direction, I have absolutely no idea what is wrong. I should also mention that I'm using version 1.3.8a with Fast & Easy Checkout module installed.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal Express Checkout crossing with Linkpoint API

I'm using version 1.3.8a with Fast & Easy Checkout module installed.
    If you uninstall the Fast & Easy thing do things work properly?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The Fast & Easy Checkout module alters too much of the checkout process to be able to do any diagnosis of the cause of the problem.

Removing it entirely, with no remaining traces of it on your webserver, is the only way to truly narrow down whether it's at all related.

Or you might contact the contributor's author to see if they've got any suggestsions related to the conflicts you seem to be encountering.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I will remove it to test it that way, it didn't give me problems before. I will also post this question on the author's forum. More importantly, I want to thanks you both for your fast responses.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Can any of you please tell me exactly which files are needed for Paypal and Linkpoint to communicate with the Gateway to complete the sale? I'm having to upload the files one by one through the cPanel because I believe the problem is when uploading the site.

I'm running Xampp on my computer and tried to run a sale using my local site: www.example.com/mysite/. I used linkpoint to process the sale and everything worked perfect, when trying it on my regular site it does not.

They are exactly the same files except the fact that my regular site has magic-seo-url installed.

In the past, I had problems with the files that I upload to my host but could always figure out if a file was creating problems because it will be displayed on my browser.

I'm using WS FTP Pro and I'm uploading the files in Binary Mode.

Thanks for your help

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoed View Post
    I should also mention that I'm using version 1.3.8a with Fast & Easy Checkout module installed.
    They are exactly the same files except the fact that my regular site has magic-seo-url installed.
    There's another addon you should disable if you're running into weird performance behavior.

Is there anything else on your site you've not mentioned?

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm using WS FTP Pro and I'm uploading the files in Binary Mode.
    That may be necessary for encrypted files such as your seo addon, but normally it's appropriate to use ASCII mode to upload .php files.

WS-FTP is usually fairly reliable as an FTP application, at least with its default settings selected. FileZilla is a good free alternative in case you find your favorite program isn't working as desired.

Plugin Contributions

I used the regular windows network connection. I uploaded the entire includes folder that way, now I have a weird problem. If I enter a credit card using the linkpoint option, I receive the following message: "The credit card number starting with was not entered correctly, or we do not accept that kind of card. Please try again or use another credit card." When I do so the second time the order goes through without any issues.

It doesn't matter what credit cards I used for testing, I have to go through the process twice for the order to get processed.

I saw the instructions on https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=152 and everything is right.

Thanks

PS, I'm in the middle of installing filezilla

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I used the regular windows network connection. I uploaded the entire includes folder that way
    I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but relying on microsoft software to do anything related to websites is generally a dangerous proposition.

Plugin Contributions

I know, I don't know what made me do that, I was desperate I guess, I don't plan to do it again though.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast