Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Botched Installation? No Index, no Admin?

Hi Zenners,
    For what reason will make a zencart install that states the installation is finished not display the index? It will state "Click to enter store or Admin to configure.
    With previous installs for other domains, the store index will display but not allow you the Admin screen to configure. Now my Index page of the store will not even display.

Measures taken include
    1.reinstalling zencart 3x for www.saginfoods.com/estore
    Because admin page will not load.
    The same is for www.rootsvibe.com.

2. Reinstall for www.charlottfieldsintlfooddist.com
    index page will not load, no access to admin screen though all installations goes through all the Install processes.

N.B (a) I have dowloaded new copies of zencart, unzipped and uploaded for setup on my servers.
    (b) None of the previous databases setup for the previous installs were used.
    (c) I do enable SSL, but it is one issued by my Hosting service.
    (d) Files/ directories are being given their instructed permissions and being removed after install.

What do I do? (my testing site however has both the store and Admin pages loading - www.tropicxotic.com)

Thanks.
    1PLM.

Cape Town & London (depends on the season)
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Botched Installation? No Index, no Admin?

Are all these domains on the same server?

Plugin Contributions

Yes,
    They are all on the same Server. They are being hosted under Main Domain account www.tropicXotic.com as Add-on Domains.
    Host server is Webmasters.com.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank index.php and /admin/index.php page after install

I think we have a serious install problem that someone from On High need to check or pinpoint the possible causes.
    In my scenario as stated earlier:
    the store installation is finished setting up. You search the domain and you get a 404 error. if you are lucky and it loads, You attempt to login or try to find admin screen and Nothing- No page but 404.

1.These domains are hosted on the same Hosts server.
    2.Different databases used each time a New Install is set up for a failed one.
    Only one of the 4 different installs actually Loads the Index page and allows admin login. You can please check at the ff domains:

www.tropicXotic.com (The Working one that has both the store and admin login Working).
    www.Saginfoods.com/estore (store Loads but No admin screen, Nor allows login at index page)
    www.Charlottfieldsintlfooddist.com (Blank Index, Blank Everything!)
    wwww.rootsvibe.com

I Checked the link Posted elsewhere: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...d_odd_problems

The above thread asks you to insert the line below in .htaccess
    php_value session.auto_start 0I tried it but it still does not load.

Help is really needed, for I still can't figure out how a straighforward install can end up like that.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you disable SSL?

On the one that won't load the shop, it stops just before the header loads - maybe a corrupted header.php file? I know it seems unlikely that all the problems are corrupted files, although if you uploaded them all the same way ...

My usual procedure is to upload the zip file to the server and extract it using the CPanel file manager - never had a corrupted file.

Plugin Contributions

Do I have to try a new Install with the SSL disaabled? or can I disable the SSL elsewhere on my Server in one of the Files/folders?
    It looks like on my hosts Cpanel you can only compress-decompress tar files and not Unzipping zipped files, tthus,my reason for unzipping ZenCart before my Uploading it to my Server. I guess I will keep trying until ...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have disabled the SSL as outlined in the FAQs below, CHMOD the Permissions on both the Admin/Includes/configure.php and Includes/Configure.php.
    But Page will still NOT load. (www.CharlottfieldsIntlfooddist.com)
    I am now trying it on the other domains to see their outcome. Just in case I get no positive result, I intend Reinstalling it with SSL disabled during installation.
    Thank you Zen Support.

FAQs on enabling/disabling SSL after installation:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=15
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=14

Plugin Contributions

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=14

I have also tried the : https://www.YourDomain.com TEST but
    https://www.charlottfieldsintlfooddist.com and
    https://www.saginfoods.com/estore BOTH failed the Test, while two other domains passed it.
    In case you are wondering "why go ahead and install ZenCart for domains if you haven't solved the problem on One"... Well I thought it might work right by testing different scenarios on different sites.
    Cheers.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

1. If you are consistently having a problem with a particular webserver, maybe *that* is the problem? A list of recommended Zen Cart friendly hosting companies can be found by clicking on "hosting" at the very top of this page.

2. If you are consistently having a problem when using a common set of unzipped Zen Cart files, maybe you got a bad download or bad unzip?

3. If you are getting blank or partially-blank pages when loading, perhaps you have some sort of PHP syntax error in one of your files (whether by your doing or by bad download/upload), then maybe the debug tool mentioned in step 2a of this FAQ may help: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=82

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast