Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal authentication problem !

I'm having a problem with setting my paypal account to work properly as when the customer reaches the checkout page there will be 2 buttons, one is the default and an extra button to checkout with paypal but when the customer clicks on that button, it takes him to the”Step 1 of 3 - Delivery Information Shipping Information: “ and then they have to chose the delivery method then they reach the page where they need to chose the payment method and there I have 3 methods :

- Save time. Check out securely.
    Pay without sharing your financial information.

- Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay.

- Credit Card
    Cardholder First Name:
    Cardholder Last Name:
    Card Number:
    Card Expiry Date:
    CVV Number: (on back of the credit card)

The only method that works with me of the 3 paypal choices is the first one which it takes me to my merchant paypal page to complete the purchase process which I couldn’t test till the end because I have only one account on Paypal so I can’t pay to my self ! with second after confirming
    the order at Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information page a note with a red background comes saying :

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Security error - Security header is not valid

With third choice after filling the info and confirming the order, at the Step 2 of 3 - Payment Information page a note comes with:

10002 Security error - Security header is not valid .

Now why the two other options didn’t work with me and whats the deferent between the first and the other two options and why I have the paypal button at the checkout page when it doesn’t take the customer to the final payment process? Any help will be appreciated .
    Last edited by alhakeem2001; 14 Dec 2009 at 12:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal authentication problem !

OK, I manged the way through to Paypal page by using the second obtion :

" - Checkout with PayPal. The safer, easier way to pay. "

after changing the setting of that method from Sandbox to live ! which was stupid from me that I should consider this as for testing purpose and that's why I set it the first time to Sandbox, but with the last method of paying with Credit card I still have a problem, I got this message:

10565 Merchant country unsupported. - The merchant country is not supported.

although I used my own info to fill in the cridet card fields but it didn't work ! What does that mean ?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by alhakeem2001 View Post
    10565 Merchant country unsupported. - The merchant country is not supported.
    PayPal is telling you that you (the merchant) have a PayPal account whose country is not able to use the PayPal service you're trying to use.

Which module are you trying to use?
    You may have to contact PayPal tech support and enlist their help to find out why you're getting that message ... maybe there's something wrong with your account configuration on their end.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte, well I found one thread talking about the same error message and it seems that Paypal Pro doesn't work in my area as I live in the Netherlands.. I guess I know why now.. But whats the deferent between the other two Paypal methods ? where it shows :

Plugin Contributions

I have here another issue, when I wanted to activate my IPN by Paypal they asked me to check box and on the second line I have to enter the URL at which I will receive the payment notifications, may I know what URL they are talking about ? !

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I have here another issue, when I wanted to activate my IPN by Paypal they asked me to check box and on the second line I have to enter the URL at which I will receive the payment notifications, may I know what URL they are talking about ? !
    That URL is listed in your Website Payments Standard module in your Zen Cart admin area. It is also explained here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ment_Module.3F

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

But whats the deferent between the other two Paypal methods ? where it shows :

One is Website Payments Standard, and the other is a different entry point to Express Checkout.

Plugin Contributions

what was/is the solution to this problem?

We are sorry for the inconvenience. The PayPal account authentication settings are not yet set up, or the API security information is incorrect. We are unable to complete your transaction. Please notify the store owner so they can correct this problem. (10002) 10002 Security error - Security header is not valid

Plugin Contributions

never mind... i found the answer in the api credentials.

thanks.