Plugin Contributions

bug Shipping tare weight/boxes configuration does not work for FedEx

My shipping is based on the FedEx module, and when I try to configure the tare weight or max box size in the configuration, shipping/packaging section, nothing changes when I test the shopping cart!

Does this shipping/packaging section only apply to table rates or "simple" shipping calculations? Is it not working with the FedEx/USPS modules?

Customers group items together into one large package but it actually costs a lot more than what FedEx calculates so we take a loss on these large packages. They should be split into multiple boxes but the Zen Cart shipping part is broken.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping tare weight/boxes configuration does not work for FedEx

Maximum weight should be the lesser of the two shipping modules on how much they will ship in one box, unless you do not mind one shutting off when the weight is too much ...

The default is 50, for 50lbs ... if you set this higher and total weight of the order is more than 50lbs, USPS cannot ship it as the quotes will attempt to quote for a higher weight ...

Also, check your Tare weights as these add on for small packages, by default 3 lbs ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping tare weight/boxes configuration does not work for FedEx

Ajeh, thanks for the reply but I think the problem is misunderstood.

Adjusting max shipping weight or tare has no effect on the shipping cost when it is used with the FedEx module. I tested with the shopping cart and it is not splitting the order into separate boxes when it should. Playing with the max weight or tare has no effect.

The tare option talks about small sizes and large sizes. What's the difference between large and small? This is not defined anywhere. Was Zen Cart written by programmers who hate math? I don't understand how this ecommerce system can work without correct calculations and without defining values and just using vague words like "large" and "small."