Plugin Contributions

Default Admin errors: 1054 Unknown column 'untries_id' , and 1052 column is ambiguous

I have installed zencart 1.3.8a (Database Patch Level 1.3.8) and compared all files and directories to ensure everything was uploaded.

After install the site loads properly and I can access the Admin panel with no problems. However…when I log in to the Admin panel and try to customize the store by setting up countries, I get the following error:

1054 Unknown column 'untries_id' in 'field list' in: [select count(distinct untries_id) as total from countries] If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

As you can see, it seems to be truncating the column names in field list by not reading the first 2 letters of the column name.

The same happens for almost all of the pages under Locations/Taxes, Localisations/ etc

When I go into the Customers page, I get the following error:

1052 Column 'customers_id' in field list is ambiguous in:
    [select count(distinct customers_id) as total from customers c left join customers_info ci on c.customers_id= ci.customers_info_id left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id left join coupon_gv_customer cgc on c.customers_id = cgc.customer_id ]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I get a similar error when going into the Products Purchased page under the Reports tab:

1052 Column 'products_id' in field list is ambiguous
    in: [select count(distinct products_id) as total from products p, products_description pd where pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0]
    If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I get either one of the above errors on almost every page in the Admin panel.

The following is the detail from the Version page:

SERVER INFORMATION
    Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.24.7-grsec
    Database: MySQL 5.0.51a-community
    Server Date: 07/28/2008 18:58:58
    Database Date: 07/28/2008 18:58:58
    Server Up Time: 18:58:58 up 12 days, 3:28, 0 users, load average: 0.81, 1.01, 0.96
    HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8h
    PHP Version: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)
    PHP Memory Limit: 64M
    PHP Safe Mode: Off
    PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 64M POST Max Size: 64M
    Database Data Size: 351 kB
    Database Index Size: 462 kB

Does anyone have any idea what is the problem.

Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin errors: 1054 Unknown column 'untries_id' , and 1052 column is ambiguous

That's a new one.

What country is your server hosted in?
    What languages does it support?
    Who is your hosting company?
    Were your PHP files uploaded in ASCII mode or BINARY?
    What language packs do you have installed on your site?
    Which language is active when these symptoms occur?
    Do you have any similar problems on the storefront?
    Have you edited the CHARSET definition in any files for any reason?
    Where did you install the Zen Cart files from? Where did you download them?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin errors: 1054 Unknown column 'untries_id' , and 1052 column is ambiguous

thanks for replying, i have answered your questions in blue:

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's a new one.

What country is your server hosted in?
    it is hosted in United States - i'm based in Australia.

What languages does it support?
    English

Who is your hosting company?
    Hostgator. they use cPanel with the following versions:

cPanel Version 11.23.4-STABLE
    cPanel Build 26138
    Theme x3
    Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)
    PHP version 5.2.6
    MySQL version 5.0.51a-community
    Architecture i686
    Operating system Linux

Were your PHP files uploaded in ASCII mode or BINARY?
    Uploaded in ASCII using Filezilla. There had been a number of files missed in the ftp process but I went back and compared directories and uploaded the files which were missing.

What language packs do you have installed on your site?
    English

Which language is active when these symptoms occur?
    English

Do you have any similar problems on the storefront?
    I have another older site hosted with Hostgator and it works fine. I initially hosted this new site as a sub-domain of my older site. I had the same problems installing it when it was a sub-domain. I then created its own account for the new site and hosted it separately (but also with Hostgator) and it is still having this problem.

Have you edited the CHARSET definition in any files for any reason?
    No, I haven't touched the CHARSET.

Where did you install the Zen Cart files from? Where did you download them?
    I downloaded the files from the zencart website about a month ago. Initially I installed from the same ones I used for my older site. When the problem occurred I downloaded new files but am still getting the problem.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Sorry, I'm not sure what would cause that.
    If all the files are intact and correct then it must be something wrong with the server.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

i ended up blowing the site away, downloading Zencart v 1.3.8 fromthe zencart website (instead of 1.3.8a) and installed that. the install had its own issues, so i deleted it and again downlaoded v1.3.8a. This time the install worked and now the site is working fine. i have no idea wot caused the initial issues, but anyway, after downloading the program 3 times and installing 3 times it is working fine with none of the errors detailed above.