I have installed zencart 1.3.8a (Database Patch Level 1.3.8) and compared all files and directories to ensure everything was uploaded.

After install the site loads properly and I can access the Admin panel with no problems. However…when I log in to the Admin panel and try to customize the store by setting up countries, I get the following error:

1054 Unknown column 'untries_id' in 'field list' in: [select count(distinct untries_id) as total from countries] If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

As you can see, it seems to be truncating the column names in field list by not reading the first 2 letters of the column name.

The same happens for almost all of the pages under Locations/Taxes, Localisations/ etc

When I go into the Customers page, I get the following error:

1052 Column 'customers_id' in field list is ambiguous in:
[select count(distinct customers_id) as total from customers c left join customers_info ci on c.customers_id= ci.customers_info_id left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id left join coupon_gv_customer cgc on c.customers_id = cgc.customer_id ]
If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I get a similar error when going into the Products Purchased page under the Reports tab:

1052 Column 'products_id' in field list is ambiguous
in: [select count(distinct products_id) as total from products p, products_description pd where pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p.products_ordered > 0]
If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

I get either one of the above errors on almost every page in the Admin panel.

The following is the detail from the Version page:

SERVER INFORMATION
Database Host: localhost (127.0.0.1)
Server OS: Linux 2.6.24.7-grsec
Database: MySQL 5.0.51a-community
Server Date: 07/28/2008 18:58:58
Database Date: 07/28/2008 18:58:58
Server Up Time: 18:58:58 up 12 days, 3:28, 0 users, load average: 0.81, 1.01, 0.96
HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.41 (Unix) mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.31 OpenSSL/0.9.8h
PHP Version: 5.2.6 (Zend: 2.2.0)
PHP Memory Limit: 64M
PHP Safe Mode: Off
PHP File Uploads: On Max Size: 64M POST Max Size: 64M
Database Data Size: 351 kB
Database Index Size: 462 kB

Does anyone have any idea what is the problem.

Thanks.