Plugin Contributions

Default So frustrated...USPS We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your ..

I have been trying to repair this problem for several days now and pulling my hair out. Customers are receiving the following error when on the check out page:

We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for your mailing address and the shipping methods we typically use.
    If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact us for assistance.
    (Please check that your Zip Code is entered correctly.)

I have installed the May 2008 update and have looked at all other shipping settings and cannot figure out why this is still happening.

We need to enable basic international shipping methods as well as domestic. Neither will work at the moment and USPS is what we use.

Can someone explain step-by-step what to check?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: So frustrated...USPS We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for you

I am assuming you are in the current Zen Cart v1.3.8 ...

There is a patch for that for USPS:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97461

Follow the instructions carefully ...

Also ensure that you have called USPS and had them activate your account, after you received the USPS Web Tools User ID and that you are set to Production Server and that you have set your 5 digit US Zip Code in the Shipping/Packaging settings ...

Other known issues for v1.3.8 can be found at:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: So frustrated...USPS We are unable to find a USPS shipping quote suitable for you

What zip code is your store set to in Admin->Configuration->Shipping/Packaging?
    What zip code is your customer using?

What Shipping Zone have you set in your USPS module? Try --none-- first, unless you've put something else there for a specific reason.

Related FAQs: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=327
    https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=86

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the responses. To answer everyone's questions:

• I've already installed the May 2008 update. I don't think there is another update since May 08. Correct?
    • The zip code in the admin/shipping are is 80010

I was wondering if weight had anything to do with it. I have the max package weight set to "5lb"...

Plugin Contributions

[*]I also checked to make sure that the shipping zone is set to "none"[/LIST]

I was wondering if weight had anything to do with it. I have the max package weight set to "5lb". Then to none...

Plugin Contributions

Ok the problem was result of USPS account not being moved to production server. I called USPS and they did it immediately. Problem solved.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that the problems with the USPS shipping module were related to issues with USPS that could be corrected by calling and having your account activated for the Production Server ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!