Plugin Contributions

Default link logins to internal network activeDirectory?

hey I was wondering if it is possible to link zencart to my network in a way that will allow all my users to not have to create accounts, it will just use their everyday logins for their pc's and etc.

I am hoping to be able to bypass the whole new customer thing, because I am modding zencart so that the company users can order supplies and stuff, but I dont really want to have to deal with all the new users and storing the login information. The users change their password every so often so zencart would have to be able to translate this also.

Also it would relieve alot of confusion in the workplace because instead of all the people having to make an account and actually remember this info, they would just be able to use the info they already remembered.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: can zencart do this??

How many staff?
    Could they not just sign up with the info they know?
    Also maybe try this.

Plugin Contributions

hey I tried that mod a while back, but we have like 400 hundred people that would need to do this, and as far as them signing up with what they already know. Their on active directory so we have a password policy that requires them to change their passwords every 90 days.

I am wanting to be able to have zencart acknowledge active directory possibly and just use the regular system wide logons already implemented to log in to the zencart store.

It is all kind of new to me so I am just wondering in what general direction I should be going in.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by rando84 View Post
    hey I tried that mod a while back, but we have like 400 hundred people that would need to do this, and as far as them signing up with what they already know. Their on active directory so we have a password policy that requires them to change their passwords every 90 days.

I am wanting to be able to have zencart acknowledge active directory possibly and just use the regular system wide logons already implemented to log in to the zencart store.

It is all kind of new to me so I am just wondering in what general direction I should be going in.
    I know this is an old post, but I am looking to do the same thing. Link login permissions to Active Directory. Did you find a solution?