Plugin Contributions

Default Same products at 2 price points

Hello,

I need to be able to offer the same products at 2 different price points. One for wholesale and one for retail. The wholesale prices should only be available to dealers, and they should not be visible to retail customers. How can this be accomplished using only one database? Is there a way to do it using product types?

Any help would be great.

I tried to post this earlier today, but it is not showing up. My apologies if this is a second post.

hsquared

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Same products at 2 price points

Zen Cart has two features that might be useful. Take a look at Admin > Customers > Group Pricing which can be used to define a discount level for a group of customers such as wholesalers. Also you can define quantity discounts as explained here.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your suggestions. Group pricing allows only a uniform discount on all products, but I really need to treat them individually. I can't use quantity discounts because the quantity is not the determining factor of the price. What I have for example is Product A that sells for $50 retail and for $35.00 wholesale. I want to make them two different products in the same database and have the proper one show based on the customer's group classification. Is that possible?

hsquared

Plugin Contributions

This is not possible using existing Zen Cart functions, you would need to do custom development for this.

Your suggestion of substituting products in listings etc. would be inordinately complicated and I wouldn't recommend it.

A much more straightforward approach would be to add another price field to the product table and then tweak the price functions (in includes/functions) to use this price instead of the normal price as the base price when a customer has logged in and is part of your wholesaler customer group. You would also need to extend the product maintenance pages in admin to get access to the new feild.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your help. I'm thinking of ging a different route. Is it possible to have 2 zencart installations using the same database?

hsquared