Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Big RoyalMail - The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time

Hi

I have installed Big Royal Mail shipping module. unfortunately it does not work. Instead of calculating shipping cost, it gives "The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time". Help from anyone is appreciated?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Big RoyalMail - The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time

I am setting up this module. The only time that message comes up is when you have no postal option for the country / zone selected.

Have you configured all the zones and installed any postal options yet??

Nigel

Plugin Contributions

I had this problem and couldn't figure out why at first, as I had used this module many times before with no problems.

Under admin, configuration, shipping, the small to medium tare was showing up with it's default of adding 3 lbs to the weight.

Although the zone shipping rate was working fine, the Royal Mail module was not. I simply removed the default 3lbs and the Royal Mail module works fine.

Hope this helps, as it may keep others from 'pulling their hair out'.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Custom_uk. Well I deleted the settings in my tare weights but it has not altered my priblem.

It still can't properly differentiate the UK shipping zones 1,2, or 3 from the country, zones, zones to geozones tables which I believe have been set up exactly to the instructions in the pdf file.

It's all to do with Scottish Highlands and lowlands!

Anyone got anything further??

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I'm new to any kind of shopping cart, but have discovered that the zen-cart has a default on weight in pounds.
    There for the royal mail shipping can not calculate the correct shipping costs as it uses Kilograms.

Any one know if theres a fix out there for this problem. I reckon zen-cart should have the option of Pounds or Kilograms

Plugin Contributions

Hi. From my understanding Zen Cart uses no standard units as such. You can assign whatever symbols you wish to the numbers.

I found a thread on here and simply changed three lines of code so it now reads in 'kgs' rather than 'lbs'.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

hi
    the problem is the mail costs are not being caculated correctly for items sent bt royal mail

Plugin Contributions

Hi. If I set up say a large letter item whose maximum weight is 100 gms to qualify for the 52p stamp.

I then list an item and put the weight at say 0.09 (gms), which is 90 grammes. My postage is the showing up as 52p which is the correct price.

Zen cart is not working in lbs or kgs but only in figures. The Royal Mail addon is working to postal rates that are set to kgs.

My prices are coming up all correct, so I am assuming you are using the latest version of the addon, as all the prices were updated to reflect the price changes that came into effect this year.

The problem will not be in any lbs versus kgs isssues, as those are used for display only in zen cart. If you have the decimal point set correctly, it should calulate ok.

Hope this helps.

Plugin Contributions

hi,
    thanks for the info. the only problem i have now is that with a weight of 0.091 is actually adding 3.0 to it there for upping the postage. this item would in theory be able to go letter, large letter or packet post. see below:-

Available Shipping Methods Rates
    Royal Mail 1st Class "Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 2nd Class "Large Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class "Large Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 2nd Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Large Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Large Letter" (The shipping rate cannot be determined at this time)
    Royal Mail 1st Class "Packet" (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 3.091 kg(s)) £8.22
    Royal Mail 1st Class Recorded Signed ForTM "Packet" (Great Britain and Northern Ireland only : 3.091 kg(s)) £8.94
    Royal Mail Standard Parcels (3 to 5 days. Delivery to United Kingdom : 3.091 kgs) £6.85

this has got me stumped

Ian

Plugin Contributions

hi,
    Problem solved - switched off the packing and shipping estimator. thanks for you help

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast