Plugin Contributions

help question NEWBIE Q: Configuring two user-end accounts...

in zen cart is that possibe?

You see, I'd like to setup two user-end accounts on my template I purchased and customized it in a way that has distinct login accounts, one for buyer and another for seller on my website (hence, buyers and sellers will end up looking at two very different custom control panel pages respectively). Nothing that a little html can solve.

As far as I can tell by looking at the template though it's already setup for buying customers using the login/my account feature. With sellers, on the other hand, things are done a little bit differently from my account. The whole concept about my service is that sellers are free to sell (they upload items, make their own pricing and see whether those items gets sold) and buyers make purchases. Think: Amazon and the used books sorta way. I'm just the middle man and maybe (perhaps) have sellers do one or two purchases from a service I'm thinking over.

I mean right now zen cart is already a godsend. But, I want to know does it do more and go in the same direction of my purposes??

Thank you in advance to whomever was helpful

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: NEWBIE Q: Configuring two user-end accounts...

If I understand you correctly, the only way to do that would to create some sort of outside login/create account to the admin. Gives me the willies just thinking about it.

Lots of people have asked on the forum how to use Zencart as a 'mall' sort of thing, and the answer is always the same: You can't.

By the time you got done hacking Zencart to do this, you'd have probably exerted enough programming effort to write your own solution from scratch.

That said, if you make this work, be sure to post the code in the Downloads section .