Thread: Meta Tag Help

Plugin Contributions

Default Meta Tag Help

I am trying to understand how the meta tags work as far as entering them into products and catagories. Is Zen cart generating a page for me with that particular product? For example I have made another website on my own and i would put the meta tags on particular page. But how does putting a meta tag into a product show results on search engines when there isnt an actual page created. And do i need to use Ez pages to have successful Google hits?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Meta Tag Help

The meta tags are added to the page server side. The page that is served has the tags in it. That is how the basic php architecture of the site (and php in general) works.

A good way of checking is to look at the source code for the page. This effectively is what a search engine is going to 'see'.

So, to answer your question. Yes, zen cart builds a page for a particular product.

Having said that there are several mods for improving the SEO (search engine optimisation) capabilities of your page. Just search for SEO on this forum. Dont' overlook CEON URI mapping either which produces a way of controlling your page titles.

Hope this helps. It's a big subject!

Nick