Plugin Contributions

Default Session Issue on UI & Admin Console :: Win XP :: php 4.4.8

Hello All,

Just so you know, I did spend some time searching this forum for the "fix", and was able to stir up a few posts with some decent info I tried. But I am still not able to resolve the issue.

I am running the setup locally on:

Win XP sp2
    php 4.4.8
    mysql 4.1

-------------------

Everything seems to be fine except for two factors:

1) The IU is displaying the message:

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: c:/apache2/htdocs/onlinestore.com/production/cache/page_parse_time.log. Sessions will not work until this directory is created."

2) And the admin area is displaying this:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(c:/apache2/htdocs/onlinestore.com/production/cache/page_parse_time.log\sess_8b17b8e7da8442040de339a9ad0460c3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php:108 ) in c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php:108 ) in c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php on line 108

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php:108 ) in C:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\admin\includes\init_includes\init_t emplates.php on line 36

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at c:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\includes\functions\sessions.php:108 ) in C:\apache2\htdocs\onlinestore.com\production\admin\includes\functions\general.ph p on line 21

Warning: Unknown(): open(c:/apache2/htdocs/onlinestore.com/production/cache/page_parse_time.log\sess_8b17b8e7da8442040de339a9ad0460c3, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (c:/apache2/htdocs/onlinestore.com/production/cache/page_parse_time.log) in Unknown on line 0

I've been trying to resolve this for about 6 hours. Here is what I have tried/checked:

-- Permission set properly on /cache/ folder
    -- checking the path to ensure the cache folder exists and the path matches the config files.
    -- Updated the cache folder set to shared

SOS!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Issue on UI & Admin Console :: Win XP :: php 4.4.8

Quote Originally Posted by programguru View Post
    1) The IU is displaying the message:

Warning: The sessions directory does not exist: c:/apache2/htdocs/onlinestore.com/production/cache/page_parse_time.log. Sessions will not work until this directory is created."
    If you look closely, you'll note that c:/apache2/htdocs/onlinestore.com/production/cache/page_parse_time.log is a *filename*, not a directory.

The error message says "Warning: The sessions directory does not exist ...", as an attempt to provide a hint.

In Admin->Configuration->Sessions->Session Directory, you need to enter the path to a writable *directory*, not a filename.

Your second issue is directly related to the first.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Session Issue on UI & Admin Console :: Win XP :: php 4.4.8

DrByte,

Thanks for the guidance.

I was unable to even reach the admin page because of the errors, but I was able to query sql to replace the path string manually, and all is working OK now.

Thanks for the kind assistance.

pg