Plugin Contributions

Default Fresh Install can't get to admin!?

I just cleared my home directory and deleted all my database and users. Did a fresh install. Able to get to the website but when I try to go to admin it says page not found!? I never had this problem before, what could be the problem?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fresh Install can't get to admin!?

I installed v1.3.8a. Help! I can't get started what is going on?

Plugin Contributions

Are you able to login to the Catalog?

Try closing your browser and clearing your cookies for your site and the cache to see if you can now get in ...

Compare your configure.php files:
    /includes/configure.php
    /admin/includes/configure.php

Make sure the URLs, paths, database etc. are the same ...

Try turning off the Enable on the secure for the Admin, just to test a login ...

Try reloading the files for the /admin in case you have corrupt files ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,
    I'm going to try what you suggest and let you know what happens. What do you mean by login to the Catalog? I'm kinda new so I don't know what that is.

I can see my website after install when I type http://IP/~username. The reason I'm using my IP address is because I haven't changed the DNS pointing yet.

When I type http://IP/~username/admin it gets a 404 page not found and for some reason redirects me to the mydomain.com.

Here is more info. I have mydomain.com up and running on hostA, and its live to public and processing orders. I signed up an account with hostB with the same domain name. Since the DNS is not pointed yet, they are still able to set up my account with the same domain, they call this a transfer domain. They say I can access the stuff I'm working on hostB via IP address.

The thing is this worked before. I mean I was doing my work just yesterday Friday during the day and also on Thursday. Then I come home on Friday night and decided to wipe out everything and re-install cause I just learned about the override system. But on Friday night thats when I was not able to get to the admin side.

The funny thing was, the hostB techs were telling me that I had to point my DNS over and I said thats impossible because I have to leave the other website up and running while working on this. I told them that they have to find a way to fix it because this worked before, so there is no reason why it shouldn't work now.

I'm going to try what you suggest and let you know what happens.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Ajeh,
    Duh!!!!! I figured it out! I don't know why I didn't try this in the beginning. I've been changing it before but for some reason i forgot to change it last night. Must be because I was so tired, I've been working with ZC the whole day and still want to work on it at night, hahaha!. The solution was to modifty the config files so that the domains were all pointed to http://IP/~username. Hehe at least reading your directions it reminded me :). Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update that fixing your configure.php files was able to correct the problems you were having ...

I hate when the code does what I say and not what I mean ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the same issue except I see nothing wrong with my config files.
    All my http and https servers are set to:
    http://mydomain.com
    and
    https://mydomain.secure.com

Im using a shared ssl

I cannot login to anything. Not the catalog nor the admin area.

Plugin Contributions

Forget it, I found out my ftp program (core ftp) was not overwritting my config files after changing the paths in them. Geesh! Well at least we can be certain that changing the config files to the correct paths is what is causing this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the update ...

Sometimes, due to permissions, you have to either change permissions first or delete the files or rename them something like:
    configure.php_OLD

then load your new files to the server ...
    Linda McGrath