Plugin Contributions

Default HTMLarea in define pages editor will not display what I put in properly.

Hi,

I am building a site for my girlfriend using v1.3.8 and have now hit a problem when I use the define pages editor, what I want to appear is something like this:

Shipping information.

The flowers sold on this site are hand made and are only made upon order, due to this an order may take upto 7 days before dispatch, larger orders may take upto 14 days before being dispatched.

If you require any flowers urgently, please contact us before hand to make sure that they can be made and dispatched in time for your special occasion.

When payment has cleared only then will I start making your order.
    But when I enter it this way using HTMLarea, it appears on the site as:

Shipping information.

The flowers sold on this site are hand made and are only made upon order, due to this an order may take upto 7 days before dispatch, larger orders may take upto 14 days before being despatched.
    If you require any flowers urgently, please contact us before hand to make sure that they can be made and dispatched in time for your special occasion.
    When payment has cleared only then will I start making your order.
    There are no spaces between each paragraph and I think this looks very messy, I have even used an external HTML editor and pasted it in but this has not made any difference

For a better look at it, you can visit the site at www.flowersbysuzie.co.uk under 'shipping and returns' and the same problem also appears under 'privacy notice'

Thanks in advance!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTMLarea in define pages editor will not display what I put in properly.

I think you were on the right track when you switched to an external editor.

I'd suggest something other than a WYSIWYG editor though.

When you view the HTML, are the breaks <br> or <p>? Try one or more <br>'s ansd see if that does it.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: HTMLarea in define pages editor will not display what I put in properly.

Quote Originally Posted by stevesh View Post
    I think you were on the right track when you switched to an external editor.

I'd suggest something other than a WYSIWYG editor though.

When you view the HTML, are the breaks <br> or <p>? Try one or more <br>'s ansd see if that does it.
    Hi,

I tried using one <br> and it didn't make any difference, just tried two and it has solved the problem

Thanks very much.