Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Quick Question: Date Expected vs Date Added

This is a very easy question, just can't seem to find the answer for it.

If I add a product in my shop today (Aug 14th) with an expected available date of Sept 1st, it shows at the bottom "Date expected September 1st". Good!

What I want to know is, when Sept 1st rolls around, and the text at the bottom switches to "Date Added" what date will it say? Aug 14th (the day I actually added it) or Sept 1st (the day it was to be availalbe)?

The reason I'm asking is because I have lots of products I want to add that are becoming available in September, but I want the "Date added" to be the date they are availalbe, so they are recogized as "New Products" as of that date.
    Catherine
    YMBD Scrapbooking
    www.yourmemoriesbydesign.ca

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Quick Question: Date Expected vs Date Added

If you add a product on August 14th and say it will be available on September 1st, then you will first see:
    This product will be in stock on Monday 1 September, 2008.

Then, on September 1, it will change to read:
    This product was added to our catalog on Thursday 14 August, 2008.

NOTE: with stock > 0, customers can add to the cart and check out ...

NOTE: set the stock to 0, and customers will see the Sold Out and not be able to add to their cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Ok, so if I want the "Date added" to show as Sept 1st, I have to actually add it on that date right?
    Catherine
    YMBD Scrapbooking

Plugin Contributions

Either that or you need to write an update routine to manage or automate the changes for the dates on products that are setup as products_date_available set to the future ...

When that date happens, you can have it update the products_date_added with the products_date_available and reset the products_date_available to blank ...

I'd write some custom code, myself, and maybe jazz it up a bit be able to do a few other tricks like instead of sold out or something like that have it display a "coming soon" instead of the "sold out" and perhaps an option to not allow the product to be added to the cart until the product is available ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

If I mark the product as instock, but expected in the future with the qty at 0, then the "sold out" does not appear. They can add to their cart but not checkout. I'm ok with that.

I have no idea about the rest of what you just said LOL (too confusing for me)
    Catherine
    YMBD Scrapbooking

Plugin Contributions

i've marked the quantity to 0 with an expected date in the future. however, the product is showing up under "new products" centerbox and not the "upcoming products" centerbox.

and if i change the quantity to >0, the user can add it to the cart but the product info does say "This product will be in stock on...."

how do i get it to show under the "upcoming products" center box?
    http://www.indiediggs.com

Plugin Contributions

First, make sure that you Upcoming Centerbox is setup in the Configuration ... Index Listing ...
    0 means OFF and any other value is the Display Order ...

Then, check the settings for the Stock/Packing as there are settings for when you are on the shopping_cart page and delete all products in the cart for these Centerboxes to show ...
    Again, 0 is OFF and any other value is the Display Order ...

Next, check that you have how many you want to see setup in the Configuration ... Maximum Values ...
    Upcoming Products
    Number of 'upcoming' products to display
    Now, you need to edit the Products via phpMyAdmin if you do not want them in the New Products and change the products_date_added field ...

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

What happens if you switch to the Classic Template? It almost looks like you have a template error ...

You may wish to peek at the Known Bugfixes for v1.3.8 if you are current:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    Now, you need to edit the Products via phpMyAdmin if you do not want them in the New Products and change the products_date_added field ...
    Under "Configuration", "New Listing" (last option) can you not just use that to "Mask" them from appearing as New products?
    Catherine
    YMBD Scrapbooking

Plugin Contributions

Give that setting a try and see if it works in the manner that you were expecting ...

You will still see the Upcoming in the Upcoming Centerbox but not in the New Product Centerbox or Sidebox or New Product Listing ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    First, make sure that you Upcoming Centerbox is setup in the Configuration ... Index Listing ...
    0 means OFF and any other value is the Display Order ...

Then, check the settings for the Stock/Packing as there are settings for when you are on the shopping_cart page and delete all products in the cart for these Centerboxes to show ...
    Again, 0 is OFF and any other value is the Display Order ...

Next, check that you have how many you want to see setup in the Configuration ... Maximum Values ...

What version of Zen Cart are you running?

What happens if you switch to the Classic Template? It almost looks like you have a template error ...

You may wish to peek at the Known Bugfixes for v1.3.8 if you are current:
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82619
    hi linda,

this is what i have --

index listing = 4
    Show Upcoming Products on empty Shopping Cart Page = 4
    max values = 6

the "upcoming products" is displayed on the home page, BUT there aren't any products listed even though i have some set for a future date.

i think you're right about it being a template issue. when i switched to the classic template, the upcoming products were listed. i have version 1.3.8a

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast