Plugin Contributions

Default Item# Store Receipt

When I receive this payment notification from the customer it does not display the item name of what they are purchasing. Instead it says "Item# Store Receipt". It seems to be coming from there paypal account.

How can I get it to display the item name?

I have attached a sample of the email I received.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item# Store Receipt

does this come from them??

don't you have the settings set to send you a copy of the new registrations and of the orders from the store?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's how the "PayPal IPN" / "Website Payments Standard" module works.
    If you want those emails to be detailed, you'll need to switch to Express Checkout instead.

Your Zen Cart order-confirmation email *will* contain all the details in either case.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That's your answer? Switch to PayPal Express? Are you kidding me? I had the same problem with OScommerce and their PayPal Standard Payment Module (formerly IPN), and it took me over three weeks to finally find the answer. Somebody posted a quick fix to the file where I had to replace some code. It fixed the problem immediately. Now that I finally moved over the Zen Cart to have a better opportunity for customization (much better than OScommerce), I find myself in the same situation with the same problem.

I can't believe that other people do not have the same issue to the point that it hasn't been fixed in the upgrades. But even more incredible is the fact that we cannot get better help beyond "That's how the "PayPal IPN" / "Website Payments Standard" module works."

Please. Will somebody post the correct fix or point us to the right place from this string? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

would the same code possibly work in these files??

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

So, what's the fascination with using the archaic, flaky, unreliable Standard/IPN method designed for use by putting individual buttons on static HTML pages and not for advanced shopping cart systems, instead of using Express Checkout which has been specifically designed for handling dynamic database-driven ecommerce websites.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I think the reason behind it that people have reasons of:
    • Avoid having to use PayPal's built in shipping
    • Authorize.net and other payment modules

DrByte no disrespect meant, but isnt it pretty straight forward to store the order in a temp database, a CSV file and then insert it into the DB, when you get the payment_status back as completed.

Last edited by borillion_star; 7 Nov 2009 at 03:26 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by borillion_star View Post
    I think the reason behind it that people have reasons of:

*Avoid having to use PayPal's built in shipping
    "Standard" *does* force you to use (actually, you must turn off) PayPal's built-in shipping. Express does not; Express Checkout uses only your own store's shipping options.

*Authorize.net and other payment modules
    Express can easily co-exist with others like Authorize.net
    isnt it pretty straight forward to store the order in a temp database, ... and then insert it into the DB, when you get the payment_status back as completed.
    That's exactly what it does.
    But if PayPal's communication doesn't come back properly, it can't do that.

Plugin Contributions

to the OP,

If you have your paypal mod setup correctly ( remember to use the primary email address at paypal.com )
    then it dosnt matter WHAT is on the paypal receipt because the receipt created by ZC does indeed have all the correct information on it
    Zen cart PCI compliant Hosting