Plugin Contributions

Default Gift Voucher Emails not always sending?

I have a strange problem.

When I try to email customers gift certificates, the email will go through sometimes. Other times, it will just say "Email successfully sent to [email protected] (0)" - and indeed it won't have sent - not entered the database or sent an admin email either.

I'm working around this problem by sending myself the gift voucher (successfully), and then forwarding it on to the customer. I've changed a few things in my cart, and I haven't found a thread on someone having the same problem so it might be some unhealthy change I've done.

I'm just finding it strange that it doesn't send to only some addresses, and that it KNOWS the email hasn't gone off. Any ideas?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Voucher Emails not always sending

I'm having a similar problem. I configured the site for gift certificates, and everything works great except for this.

I purchased a gift certificate using Test Customer A, and then sent it to Test Customer B. The original purchase worked as expected, but when I sent it from Customer A to Customer B, no email was sent to the customer or the admin. However, it does correctly show up in Gift Certificates Sent.

Any ideas? I'll try sending one to a different email address, but it's a little unsettling knowing that the money might not ever get to the customer and there's no way of knowing.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Gift Voucher Emails not always sending?

Also, as stated above, it only seems to be a problem for certain email addresses. I sent a second GC to the same customer directly from the admin panel, and it never went through either. However, when I send one to Customer A, it works fine.

I really like this feature, but if I can't figure this out, I may have to disable it. I can't have customers losing money to the abyss of the internet because an email never got sent.