Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Price by attributes - quantity discount and minimum quantity required

Hi all,

I have a product with two attributes and quantity discounts set as follows:
    24:2.47,96:1.95,192:1.80
    in the Attribute QTY Price discount.
    Both attributes have the same quantity discount and the option Mixed attributes is turned off.
    I set a minimum quantity of 24 for the product. This is how it displays the table for quantity discounts:
    1-24: $2.47
    25-96: $1.95
    97+: $1.80

The problem is that since I require a minimum quantity for the product the table shows a quantity from 1-24, etc.

I would like that to appear as:
    24-95: 2.47
    96-192: 1.95
    192+: 1.80.

But it starts from 1.

Any solutions?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price by attributes - quantity discount and minimum quantity required

Base price is set as zero.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Price by attributes - quantity discount and minimum quantity required

I am sure it can be done, but I guess it's not that obvious. Any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

Is there only 1 attribute with discounts or are there multiple attributes with separate discounts on them for the Product?

Have you an URL where we can peek at this?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I am so happy you answered. I'm in Ohio as well.

I have an url, but since it's a live website, I don't want people to see the product until it's fully implemented.
    Basically, as you see in the picture attached, there is a product with two options - you can either choose for the bride model or the groom model. There is the same discount for both the attributes; however, the units cannot be mixed to get the quantity discount. For instance, you either order 24 for the bride model, and get that price, or order 96 "brides" and get the other price. Cannot mix bride+groom=96 units.
    The minimum quantity has to be 24 for each.
    The table that you see under the description is entered using the product quantity discount - this is usually what I do for other products that don't have attributes. And this is how the discount table should look like. However, if I use this, the only price that prevails is the highest one. This is the first picture (zencart.jpg)

If I edit the attribute in the Attributes Qty Discount I get the other table, that I also attached in the picture. But the quantity is just wrong; the minimum quantity is not enforced and instead the price for 24-95, 96-191 and 192+ I get something else, as you can see.
    This is the second picture, table.jpg
    I only had a product before that had two options, but I solved it by selling the product as a set of two. But maybe people would want to order more of the same model. And, there are some other products that I would like to add, but I have the same problem.

I hope there's a solution to this, but I don't see it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zencart.jpg 
Views:	702 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	4435   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	table_discount.jpg 
Views:	849 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	4436  

Plugin Contributions

If you want, I can make the product live after 6 PM in Ohio until 11:30-12AM.
    The customers are in a different time zone, and they don't browse that much during this time window.

Plugin Contributions

You would need to customize the file:
    /includes/templates/template_default/popup_attributes_qty_prices/tpl_main_page.php

so that instead of starting with quantity 1 it starts with the minimum quantity allowed ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the help!

I thought about something that needs to be customized but I did not know where to look.

That's great

Plugin Contributions

Let us know how you do on this ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

I'll be back; I have to ask my husband to look into the code. I love zencart for it's easiness to use, but when it comes to the code..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast