Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Issues with Paypal IPN

Hi guys n gals,
    Hope you can help, I am running Zen Cart Version 1.3.8, and have activated the payment module Paypal IPN. If I test the site with a purchase, it takes me thru to paypal, I log in, pay, and then it attempts to redirect me back to the shop, but all I get is a blank page with a massive URL. The shop does not log the order, but Paypal has taken the money. I have ensured that in paypal:

# in Website Payments Preferences the Automatic Return URL to:
    http://www.************.com/shop/ind...eckout_process

#Instant Payment Notification Preferences URL is:
    http://www.************.com/shop/ipn_main_handler.php

and the paypal generated key has been put back across to Zen.

Now before I posted, I did google, and search this forum, and found the IPN test script, which when run produces this:

PHP Code:
    IPNCHECK.PHP Version 1.0

IPN TESTING 
    POSTING to PayPal viassl://www.paypal.com:443

Warningfsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddressesgetaddrinfo failedTemporary failure in name resolution in /home/atthered/public_html/shop/ipncheck.php on line 81

Warning
    fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution) in /home/atthered/public_html/shop/ipncheck.php on line 81
    IPN FATAL ERROR :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (0) php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

Trying again without SSL ...

Warningfsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddressesgetaddrinfo failedTemporary failure in name resolution in /home/atthered/public_html/shop/ipncheck.php on line 85

Warning
    fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.paypal.com:80 (php_network_getaddressesgetaddrinfo failedTemporary failure in name resolutionin /home/atthered/public_html/shop/ipncheck.php on line 85
    IPN FATAL ERROR 
    :: Could not establish fsockopen.
    Host Details ssl://www.paypal.com:443 (0) php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution

Warningfputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/atthered/public_html/shop/ipncheck.php on line 91

Warning
    feof(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/atthered/public_html/shop/ipncheck.php on line 94 
    Now I am not a silly silly person, but this error stream is a bit beyond me. Can anyone translate this into what is wrong/what I have done wrong?

The server is running that Cpanel poo, on a fedora core 7 base as a host.

I am really open to suggestions, as this is really beginning to vex me horifically.

Thanks in advance

J

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Issues with Paypal IPN

Quote Originally Posted by jimothyinnothy View Post
    Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Temporary failure in name resolution
    You'll need to talk to your hosting company and ask them to configure their server's name resolution services properly, since the server cannot do nameserver lookups in order to access external servers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You'll need to talk to your hosting company and ask them to configure their server's name resolution services properly, since the server cannot do nameserver lookups in order to access external servers.
    That will present me with a little issue then, as this is my own box!! I suppose I had better get googling on this one then

Thanks chap.

Plugin Contributions

All sorted now. Thanks for your help.
    It was due to the server not being set up to resolve DNS, stumbled across it whilst trying to ping a domain name in the shell.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jimothyinnothy View Post
    All sorted now. Thanks for your help.
    It was due to the server not being set up to resolve DNS, stumbled across it whilst trying to ping a domain name in the shell.
    Could you be a bit more specific about what you did to fix the problem? I have am having the exact same issue you had.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I am having the same issue. How did you solve this? It's really annoying my customers. I only happens to a few customers that I am aware of. Otherwise the transactions are going through.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

The servers resolv.conf was not configured correctly, and on top of that fsockopen was not compiled into the apache/php config.
    But to be honest, I have had this a few time recently, and it is always a variety of things that cause it. The last one was me calling an IP address instead of a URL for callback, and the IP address was made redundant by Paypal. Changed it to a dns based URL instead of an IP based one and it was fine.

If you get stuck, let me know and I will see if I can help.

Plugin Contributions

It's wierd because it only happens every once in a while. Mainly when people use their paypal accounts through express checkout.

So I need to talk to my hosting provider? Where did you find the ipn test script?

this is what Paypal told me:
    PayPal found that my URL's are posting for the "RETURNURL" and "CANCELURL" values to be:
    RETURNURL: https://xxxxxx.com/ipn_main_handler.php?type=ec"
    CANCELURL: https://xxxxxx.com/index.php?main_pa...in&ec_cancel=1

Did you have this?

Plugin Contributions

Cant remember where it was on here, but if you at my profile and then look at my other messages, it will be on one of the threads in there.

If now I have uploaded it to a bit of webspace as a text file which you can then copy the contents of and upload to your space to run.
    Will PM you the URL rather than posting it on here.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

The test tool mentioned is this one: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65680

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast