Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Remove "redeemed" gift certificate

I e-mailed a gift certificate to a customer for information purposes only (only way I know of to generate the code) since they intended to give it to someone else. The problem is, they clicked on the link provided in the email and accidently redeemed the gift into their customer profile.

Is there any way to delete this gift certificate from the system and therefore from their customer profile?

From now on in cases such as this I'll send the code to myself unless there's another solution.

Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Remove "redeemed" gift certificate

You could just tell them to send it to their friend via email using the Gift Certificate FAQ from the information box or from their My Account ...

That would be the cleanest method to use ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have a Gift Certificate in the store that is shown as Not Redeemed, but the customer walked into the physical store and used the Gift Certificate.

I need to remove that Not Redeemed Cert from the database, so they don't use it in the online store.

I figured I can find that in the phpmyadmin, but how do you delete it? Or do you set it to zero?

I do not want to cause havic in my database.
    I have backed it up...

Thanks
    John

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by elkbow View Post
    Hi,
    I have a Gift Certificate in the store that is shown as Not Redeemed, but the customer walked into the physical store and used the Gift Certificate.

I need to remove that Not Redeemed Cert from the database, so they don't use it in the online store.

I figured I can find that in the phpmyadmin, but how do you delete it? Or do you set it to zero?

I do not want to cause havic in my database.
    I have backed it up...

Thanks
    John
    Here's what I did. - Version 1.3.8a

I went to phpmyadmin and found the certificate and edited it to read zero. I did not delete the cert.

I went to the store - logged in - and tried to use the cert code and zowie - it read 0.00.

Hence the method of zeroing out that amount in phpmyadmin apparently works.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

You could also have just claimed it with your own test account as who ever claims it first ... wins ...

Thanks for the update on how you handled this ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Perfect,

It should of dawned on me after I did make a test with the redeem code and found it to be zero.

Thanks
    John

Plugin Contributions

You can in fact delete the entry in the database table zencart_coupon_gv_customer which corresponds with the customer whose gift voucher balance you want to remove.

For example, my test account had a balance of $35. In this database table I found an entry with the customer ID of 2 (my test account) and value of 35.00 ($35). I deleted this entry, and upon refreshing the page my test account was logged in on, the gift voucher balance disappeared completely.

In your case, since they had already redeemed the gift certificate, you would have to either send them another one, after removing the balance from their account, or alternatively you could "un-redeem" the certificate with further database editing, if they wanted to be able to use the same certificate redemption code (for example, if they had already printed it to give to someone), although I haven't been able to get this to work myself.

Dean
    Last edited by Schismatise; 4 Mar 2009 at 05:34 AM. Reason: "un-redeem" didn't work

Plugin Contributions

Default Accidently DELETED DATABASE TABLE!

Ok, so I did the worst thing possible, I wanted to delete redeemed gift cert info, and deleted the WHOLE coupons_gv_customers table from my DATABASE (php my admin) - Is there ANY way to recover this ONE table? If not, what do I do... and no I didn't have a backup
    ugh.... thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Accidently DELETED DATABASE TABLE!

Quote Originally Posted by staceyx View Post
    Ok, so I did the worst thing possible, I wanted to delete redeemed gift cert info, and deleted the WHOLE coupons_gv_customers table from my DATABASE (php my admin) - Is there ANY way to recover this ONE table? If not, what do I do... and no I didn't have a backup
    ugh.... thank you!
    Don't know if this will work, but go to phpMyadmin and just click your Zencart database to show all tables. At the bottom you see " Insert Table"

Follow the images:

Plugin Contributions

Thank you SO much for the speedy reply! Ok, first screen create table: coupon_gv_customer - under that what number? 2?

Then the NEXT screen that I get is the one pictured? (not the next on you put up) can you tell me what to do on this one please?

Name:  data2.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  21.4 KB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast