Plugin Contributions

Default Install admin login as customer

I'm not sure about how to install this modual, can anyone explain what to do a bit more clearly than the instructions below. I'm confused about where and how to install the SQL patch. If anyone can give me clearer instructions I would appreciate it.

1. Make sure to select the version that is correct for your ZenCart Installation.
    2. If you are installing the version that includes the Master Password Module do the Following:
      1. Install the SQL patch located in the pass.sql file.
      2. Rename the includes/templates/template_defaultfor the version with Master Password included folder to the name of your template folder.
      3. Copy the entire contents of the catalog folder for the version with Master Password included to your zencart root installation folder.

confused about what

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Install admin login as customer

I have installed this mod and it works great for me. I installed it on a 1.3.8 cart.

1. Make sure to select the version that is correct for your ZenCart Installation.
    2. If you are installing the version that includes the Master Password Module do the Following:
    1. Install the SQL patch located in the pass.sql file.
    2. Rename the includes/templates/template_defaultfor the version with Master Password included folder to the name of your template folder.
    3. Copy the entire contents of the catalog folder for the version with Master Password included to your zencart root installation folder.
    1. I looked at the downloads section, and this mod has been updated for 1.3.8. Basically the statement means to be sure to download the version that is compatible with your version of Zen. If you have a 1.3.8 version, download the newest version of the mod which is compatible with 1.3.8.

2.In order to log in as a customer, you need a password. The mod comes with the Master Password contribution...meaning you as admin will be able to log in to any customer account to place an order using the master password.
    1.The best way to do the sql installation is to open the sql file with notpad, notepad++, or whatever program you use. Select all, copy, and in the admin/tools/install sql patches, paste. Then hit the send button.
    CAUTION>>>>>backup your database first!!!
    2.Basically this tells you to rename the folder called template_default to the name of your template. I use future_zen template, so I renamed the folder template_default to future_zen.
    The folder I am talking about is the one that was created when you unzipped the mod on your computer. includes/templates/template_default would now be includes/templates/future_zen in my case.
    3.Using a FTP program, transfer the whole includes folder to your sites server. Usually the files are located in a folder called html_public or something similar. Depends on where you originally put them...some people put them in a "shop" fplder, some in a "cart" folder. Browse around....you should see a folder called includes. Transfer the includes folder that is on your computer to the server that has your zen cart. Be sure to transfer it so it "overwrites" the existing includes folder. This will install all the needed files.

Good luck!

Plugin Contributions

Copy the contents of the pass.sql file into the clipboard (I'm assuming Windows) then go to Admin - Tools - Install SQL Patches and paste the text into the box provided and click 'Send'. You'll get notification at the top of the page if everything inserts properly.

The warning about backing up your database first is a good one, but I've installed that mod many times without a problem.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you, I was able to install the SQL patch but I'm still not able to get this modual to work. I host on siteground.com and I am working with a "C" panel my template name is outboard_exchange. Where will the "place order button" appear when I finally do figure this out? Thanx.