Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Curl error on version 1.3.8 Help please

Hi I installed Zen 1.3.8 onto my server and started the install, came back that my server did not accept Curl. I had a word with them and they said Zen is compatible and this latest version must not be as compatible as previous versions. Before I got through installing V1.3.7 is there going to be this issue again?

Also can I run a "dummy" page to customise my cart before going live ....assuming I can get it to work at all ....thanks for any reply.

Joanne
    Uwoodtoys
    www.uwoodtoys.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Curl error on version 1.3.8 Help please

No. Install 1.3 8. Your host (one.com) either has curl installed or they don't. Zencart works with curl installed, regardless. If not, find a better host.

The usual development method I use is to install Zencart to yoursite.com/test, password protecting the directory if necessary, then moving the folders and files to the root and editing the two configure.php files when you're ready.
    Last edited by stevesh; 1 Sep 2008 at 07:56 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the reply. One.com are fantastic as a host ( and Ive had a few) ...I wouldn't consider moving. Is there no other way around this problem?

Plugin Contributions

You need to find out IF cURL is compiled into PHP, and to do this use the following:

1. Create a new text file on your desktop and rename it to info.php (ignore the warning about changing the file type).
    2. Put this code in the file:
    Code:
    <? phpinfo(); ?>
    3. Upload via FTP to the root of your web.
    4. Then go to it in your browser e.g. http://www.yourdomain.com/info.php

Check it to see if cURL is installed.

Don't leave that file in place - delete after use

Vger

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In your Zen Cart files is an "extras" folder. In that folder is a curltest.php script.
    Please post a URL link to that file so we can see the results it gets. Those results will explain more about your server's CURL capabilities and maybe indicate what next steps need to be taken.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi again, I spoke to my host one.com and they say the definitely do not support curl therefore any test would not be needed. That said the agent I was talking to also said they had Zen cart users on there server? so whats the deal here?

Can I use Zen without the Curl support on the host server or not?
    Would an older version work?
    or can anyone suggest an alternative shopping cart?

Thanks for any replies,

Joanne
    Uwoodtoys
    www.uwoodtoys.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You can use Zen Cart without CURL support if you don't want to use PayPal or Authorize.net or Linkpoint or UPS or currency update services. The list keeps growing with each new release of Zen Cart.

A host who doesn't support CURL is typically either in the dark ages or doesn't know how to secure their servers properly ... and thus isn't really a wise choice for running your business on.

If you're looking for a different shopping cart, I can recommend looking on Google or your favorite search engine.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

The posters website is UK Based, but the servers their site is on are based in Denmark - so no help for search engine placement. Additionally the company they use provide Windows servers, and they're not the best choice for running PHP on.

But they seem to be happy with this company - presumably because they are dirt cheap or even free.

Vger

Plugin Contributions

Hi, yes one.com are very cheap , and unlimited uploads . Also has 24/7 live chat so any problems are answered there and then, none of this 9 to 5, 5day a week hosting that some provide. Just a thought...with my broard band package comes a bit of free webspace, could I somehow use this ( compatibility permitting) to run the shopping cart , whilst the website is hosted elsewhere?

thanks again.

Plugin Contributions

What do you sell? Why do you need unlimited upload and download? Do you really use it that much?

If you dont, why do you need it? If you do, I'm amazed that they havent kicked you out for some trivial reason (like overloading the server)

Most hosts offer 24/7 services now, depending on you budget etc.... you can always get a good one with great service.

Anyway, back to your question: if you plan to test the business first, you can go ahead and try it on whatever server you have now, why not? If the business grow you can move. But make sure you are on a secure server tho.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast